• Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Anti-Dan Coats Tea Party Revolt Boiling

"The trouble with Scotland, is that it's full of Scots."
    King Edward Longshanks​

Reports are coming in from throughout the state that a revolt is boiling up within the tea party movement over the Washington beltway establishment's astro-turf campaign in support of DC bank bailout lobbyist Dan Coats.

From the Evansville Courier, comes this quote from a tea party leader in Northwest Indiana:
    "We had a conference call Thursday night with nine other tea party leaders who want to form a statewide coalition," he said. "All I can say is, we don't want Dan Coats."
    Now might be a good time to raise the drawbridge, sire, The townspeople are getting angry.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I just looked at that site listed above, there's this nugget:

Virginian Coats, recruited by a Texan, but who wants to be a North Carolinian, hires Kentuckians to get on the ballot in Indiana

Ok, sit down while we try to explain this. It's getting complicated.

Dan Coats, the District of Columbia lobbyist who has lived in Virginia for ten years, but who really wants to be a North Carolinian, and was recruited by a Texan, is now hiring Kentuckians to get signatures from Hoosiers to get on the ballot in Indiana. Whew.

From the Evansville Courier:
    "I'm in Evansville for the next few days working on a petition to get Sen. Dan Coats on the ballot," stated an e-mail sent to at least two Vanderburgh County GOP officials Sunday by Coats organizer Nathan Parsons, who provided a Kentucky telephone number.

"... We will (be) compensating volunteers for their efforts, so this may be something that a College Republican or a Young Republican may be interested in."​
    We suppose paid laborers from Kentucky will do, if you can't get Hoosiers to love you even if you pay them.

Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    We just need to spread the word far and wide that people should NOT sign his ballot access petition. If he makes it on the ballot he will grab the RINO vote and the other four will split the conservative vote, guranteeing him the primary nomination.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ... If he makes it on the ballot he will grab the RINO vote and the other four will split...
    Its not just the RINO vote that Coats will get. He will get the elderly vote because he has plenty of name recognition with voters his age. He also has plenty of name recognition with voters over the age of 45. He was generally considered to be FISCALLY conservative (not sure that he was in actuality, but he was considered to be such). So he's not got the same RINO reputation that LUGAR has. He has SOME conservative creds. He was very pro-small business too.

Personally I hope that Hostetller wins, but I'd gladly take Coats over Bayh.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I work at a bar in Fishers as the bartender and during the super bowl some jack@$$ came to the bar and wanted to send a petition around to get Dan Coats on the ballot. Before I got a chance too my boss basically told him to go pack sand. Should have seen the look on his face...lol

Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    You're famous now. Check this out. The Dan Coats Belly Flop Chronicle The pic is hilarious.

Coats' rent-a-preppy thrown out of bar over Coats' support for gun control

One of Dan Coats' rent-a-preppies, probably a head hunter from Kentucky, was thrown out of a bar in Fishers because the bar owner didn't like Coats' support for gun control.

From INGunOwners.com:
    "I work at a bar in Fishers as the bartender and during the super bowl some jack@$$ came to the bar and wanted to send a petition around to get Dan Coats on the ballot. Before I got a chance too my boss basically told him to go pack sand. Should have seen the

Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Just heard the tea party event in downtown Indianapolis set for tomorrow has been cancelled due to weather.

Coats just breathed a sigh of relief, but I've heard it will be rescheduled soon.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    Coates would be a small step up from Bayh, but he's a part of the machine. Progressives could tolerate him but he could be controlled in their eyes.

That's why they are afraid of someone like Palin. They can't control her and she believes in the Constitution.

I'm waiting to learn more about Hostetler and Troyer.

Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    I'm waiting to learn more about Hostetler...

Here is Hostettler's 2A record. Let me know if you have other questions.

John Hostettler was repeatedly endorsed by GOA and NRA.

Legislative highlights:

• Cosponsored and voted for the repeal of the Clinton semiautomatic weapon and large capacity magazine ban
    • Led the fight against the Clinton administrations efforts to sue gun manufacturers out of business, including:
      • Authoring and passing in the U.S. House a measure to defund the Clinton Administration’s U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Developments "settlement agreement” with Smith & Wesson also known as HUD's “Community for Safer Guns Coalition.”
      • Authoring amendments to defund the Treasury's settlement agreement with Smith & Wesson
      • Authoring the Interstate Commerce Freedom Act which was designed to protect all manufactures, including gun manufacturers, from being sued for the illegal use of their products.
    • Led the effort to arm pilots after the attack of 9-11
    • Authored and introduced the Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Actto allow concealed carry reciprocity across the country.

Top Bottom