• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtech29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    new castle, indiana
    Ok so let me start off by saying I am not depressed by any means. I have neuropathy in my feet from my diabetes. One of the treatments for that is anti depressant medication. My main concern with this is if I go to buy a firearm is it going to show up on my background check that I am on these medications. Will it hurt my chances in future firearm purchases, if so i will just have to live with the neuropathy or seek other treatments. Thanks

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Hippa is supposed to protect you. It was created by government edict. I wouldn't worry about it.

But that knocking at your door at 4AM probably is not the paper delivery guy.

Welcome to 2014.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Hippa is supposed to protect you. It was created by government edict. I wouldn't worry about it.

But that knocking at your door at 4AM probably is not the paper delivery guy.

Welcome to 2014.

Where, exactly, is the connection between NICS and your medical record??? And it's HIPAA - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Tell your doc you want a neuropathy med that's not classified as an anti-depressant if you're really worried about it. I'd ask for gabapentin or lyrica

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Tell your doc you want a neuropathy med that's not classified as an anti-depressant if you're really worried about it. I'd ask for gabapentin or lyrica
    Threadjack, sort of. If you do go on the Lyrica, be vigilant about the side effects until you know exactly how it's going to effect you. It messes up my step-mom something fierce. And not physically. Her behavior when she takes it would qualify her for the loony bin in some countries.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Hey your fine I also have neuropathy due to diabetes and was on Lyrica for about six months for pain and numbness the good news is that has nothing to do with buying a firearm and with exercise and a better diet off medication with no pain and the numbness has gotten a lot better! Good Luck

Top Bottom