• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Great respone 88GT. I also enjoyed reading the comments from 'Jason', who effectively shuts down a pro-gun control commenter.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Mikey is an idiot, a dreamer and someone who needs to remove his head from where it currently is located before he suffocates. I always have to chuckle at those guys who give their opinions on what the framers did or did not know. That always seems to lead into guys like Mikey trying to justify and support what he is about to say. Who knows what some of the framers might have envisioned for the future of firearms development. Maybe they did or maybe they did not think about firearms improving to what they are today. They did provide us with a great foundation upon which all of our other laws should be based contrary to what those homely lesbians on the Supreme Court might now be saying. Our gutless, spineless elected officials need to enforce the laws that we already have instead of sitting around wasting their time and our money thinking up new ones.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I always have to chuckle at those guys who give their opinions on what the framers did or did not know.

^this really annoys me

"I just don’t think the framers were able to imagine automatic machine guns, Uzis, Glocks, assault rifles or AK-47s." -Sciano

let's take this one firearm at a time

automatic machine guns- besides being reduntant because the word "automatic" is unnecessary and implied when the term machine gun is mentioned. Sciano seems to be unaware of the NFA 1934 and the hughes amendment which we all know made true machine guns a toy for the rich. Translation: our streets are not flooded with machine guns.

Uzis- I assume that in Sciano's world this applies to any semi-auto SMG variant. Again, he doesn't know anything about the NFA.

Glocks- I guess glocks are deadlier than other semi-auto pistols? Of course I'm sure he is referring to the evil Glock 19.

Assault Rifles- can't hear a gun grabber without hearing this made-up term. This is another can of worms.

AK-47s- When was the last time somebody went on a high profile shooting spree with an AK variant? I thought AK-47 was a synonym for assault rifle to these people.

Michael Sciano needs to educate himself. If he took the position of repealing the 2nd Amendment instead of spewing the same crap all of the other gun-grabbers do, he would sound like less of a jackass.

Last edited:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I felt compelled to write a response, something I normally do not do. (That whole arguing with fools admonition and all.)
    Your response was right on.
    As far as arguing with fools, I generally agree.(see my sig line) but,if we don't partake once in a while, fools assume that we agree with them. So when we do respond, it needs to be thoughtful, factual, and eloquent.....which you have done.:)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ^this really annoys me

"I just don’t think the framers were able to imagine automatic machine guns, Uzis, Glocks, assault rifles or AK-47s." -Sciano

let's take this one firearm at a time

automatic machine guns- besides being reduntant because the word "automatic" is unnecessary and implied when the term machine gun is mentioned. Sciano seems to be unaware of the NFA 1934 and the hughes amendment which we all know made true machine guns a toy for the rich. Translation: our streets are not flooded with machine guns.

Uzis- I assume that in Sciano's world this applies to any semi-auto SMG variant. Again, he doesn't know anything about the NFA.

Glocks- I guess glocks are deadlier than other semi-auto pistols? Of course I'm sure he is referring to the evil Glock 19.

Assault Rifles- can't hear a gun grabber without hearing this made-up term. This is another can of worms.

AK-47s- When was the last time somebody went on a high profile shooting spree with an AK variant? I thought AK-47 was a synonym for assault rifle to these people.

Michael Sciano needs to educate himself. If he took the position of repealing the 2nd Amendment instead of spewing the same crap all of the other gun-grabbers do, he would sound like less of a jackass.

Please don't take my post as disagreeing with you. In large measure, I agree. These points jump out, however:

Assault rifle is a legitimate term for a medium-powered long gun capable of select-fire (and highly regulated if you don't wear a gov't uniform when you go to work) An assault weapon, OTOH, is the made-up term to which you refer.

The last publicized high-profile shooting with an AK-pattern rifle, IIRC, was the North Hollywood bank robbery.

What's important is that it doesn't matter what the Framers "couldn't have imagined". They wrote what they wrote. If the small-minded think they can do better, let them try... but they'll have to find another country to do so, because those of us who like things the way they were supposed to be, as defined by the written word.

Blessings,
    Bill

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    He should join the riots in Egypt, @#$% commie. I suppose next thing is world government and banking along with loss of sovereignty is a great idea.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Some of the comments are very well written. Actually makes it sound like some gunowners might have actually gotten more than a third grade education.

(Sarcastic comment above, for help in identifying it pm me)

Overitnow maybe a:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8]YouTube - He Was A Retard[/ame]

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    ^this really annoys me

This is one of the dumbest anti gun arguments. I hope he wrote that article on parchment paper with a quill pen. There is no way the founders could have imagined computers. I hope when he goes on trips that he walks or rides a horse. There is no way the founders could have imagined cars or airplanes.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    " You will never convince me that you as an average citizen needs to own a machine gun"

You will never convince me that a six year old boy needs to take ballet lessons, but hey, this IS America, so to each his own . . .

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I'm aware that an assault rifle is a select fire rifle chambered in an intermediate powered cartridge. But you're right, I should have use the term assault weapon. I forgot about the North Hollywood shooting.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm aware that an assault rifle is a select fire rifle chambered in an intermediate powered cartridge. But you're right, I should have use the term assault weapon. I forgot about the North Hollywood shooting.

Intermediate, you're correct. I was working from memory. Sorry if I seemed condescending, that wasn't my intent. The good side of that, though, is that someone will eventually read that who did not know and will learn from it. :)

Thanks for your posts. Well said.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom