• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Nominal Republican Marion mayor Seybold, who wrote a scurrilous, fear-mongering anti-gun editorial for the Star in opposition to pre-emption of local gun bans and anti-carry laws is seeking nomination for Treasurer to replace Richard Murdoch, who is term-limited. His treachery to gun owners must not go unpunished. Most, including me, see this as his attempt to position himself for a governer's office run in the future.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    I live about 5 minutes from Marion, and after seeing how he runs that town i sure hope he doesn't make treasurers office! He cares more about showing off his ice skating moves every year than he does the real issues in Marion! Have you been to Marion lately? Most of the town is a total :poop:hole. I'm sure it's just a stepping stone for a run at governors office.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Crazy question, but does this position have any say concerning firearm laws? And if not, and he's the best qualified to handle money, fiscally conservative, and can balance a budget, someone help me understand why you wouldn't vote for the man?

Does one want a "pro-gun" guy in office than spends money like drunken sailor in Bangkok on payday simply because he's "pro-gun?" Sounds like bad logic to me, but what do I know?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Crazy question, but does this position have any say concerning firearm laws? And if not, and he's the best qualified to handle money, fiscally conservative, and can balance a budget, someone help me understand why you wouldn't vote for the man?

Does one want a "pro-gun" guy in office than spends money like drunken sailor in Bangkok on payday simply because he's "pro-gun?" Sounds like bad logic to me, but what do I know?

The treasurer's office doesn't have any contact with firearms laws that I know of, Kut, but if it's a "stepping stone" to the Governor's office, it would be better to nip such a person in the bud.

And to answer your question, read the post above yours. This does not sound like someone I'd want to elect to be fiscally responsible, either, though admittedly, this is the only information I've seen of him and have never heard his name before a few minutes ago. I'll be checking further, of course.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The treasurer's office doesn't have any contact with firearms laws that I know of, Kut, but if it's a "stepping stone" to the Governor's office, it would be better to nip such a person in the bud.

And to answer your question, read the post above yours. This does not sound like someone I'd want to elect to be fiscally responsible, either, though admittedly, this is the only information I've seen of him and have never heard his name before a few minutes ago. I'll be checking further, of course.

Blessings,
    Bill

Yeah, I actually almost quoted that post, and stated "now that a reason NOT to vote for the guy." I just don't want people to get too caught up on one issue for candidates and using that to disqualify them.

For instance, I'm pro-gun, but pro-choice. Now I know that's an unpopular stance 'round these parts, but let's say that I was running against and anti-gun, pro-lifer.... who gets the nod if we're the only two options?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill, we've talked about this clown before, you just don't remember. I'm sure he's counting on everyone forgetting his anti-gun rant. In addition, his brother bilked a group of investors out of about $3 million in a real estate mortgage fraud scheme in Marion. According to the court complaint, the mayor helped his brother in recruiting by telling groups of investors the city supported his brother's efforts. He had sold out of the investment company a few years before the Ponzi scheme fell apart and escaped liability. I'll post some links when I'm not on a Android device. I haven't mastered copying on Android.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Bill, we've talked about this clown before, you just don't remember. I'm sure he's counting on everyone forgetting his anti-gun rant. In addition, his brother bilked a group of investors out of about $3 million in a real estate mortgage fraud scheme in Marion. According to the court complaint, the mayor helped his brother in recruiting by telling groups of investors the city supported his brother's efforts. He had sold out of the investment company a few years before the Ponzi scheme fell apart and escaped liability. I'll post some links when I'm not on a Android device. I haven't mastered copying on Android.

Here we go:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_political_discussion/197022-anti_gun_seybold_running_in_5th_district.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_blood_will_run_in_the_streets_hysteria.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_in_the_streets_hysteria-2.html#post1740123

Marion Mayor, Businessman Brother Sued - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick

Mayor bounced check to city - www.chronicle-tribune.com: News

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    As someone who lives in Grant county, has family in Marion, and is there just about every other day, mike there pretty much nailed it. He is a complete waste and has been a huge factor in the gutting of the town. It is now a slowly dying, infested hellhole and a mere ghost of what it once was. He cares nothing about the town or the county, but loves to run around spending money on ridiculous, nonsensical crap no one really wants or needs.

DEFINITELY not someone I would ever want in charge of my meager personal funds, much less anything with a couple more zeroes behind it.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    We had better be vigilant with this guy. He's backed by power brokers like B&It's Bob Grand, who masterminded the looting of Indianapolis by THR Capital Improvements Board. We don't need another grasping anti-gunner getting voted in by the ignorant and lazy.

Top Bottom