• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    Veterans are a huge, diverse group. Five minutes of searching can find you a veteran willing to espouse any viewpoint you can possibly imagine.

When I was in the Army, I was surprised how many soldiers and officers were not "gun people". Not that they were antis (though there were certainly a few of those). A lot of them were trained to use weapons (obviously), qualified and trained with them, carried them in war, etc. But just think of them as tools and have no particular liking for them off duty. This even included SF and infantry types, who might stereotypically be thought of as gun lovers. They may be expert users of guns, but not always afficianados.

So couple that with the very regimented and strictly controlled usage and possession of weapons by service members in the military (both issued and privately owned weaponry), and it doesn't surprise me that you'd have some vocal supporters of gun control among vets and serving members alike. I will always honor the service of my current and former brothers and sisters in arms, but I sure don't have to like or respect the misguided or wrongheaded views of some of them.

Top Bottom