• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    To me it's a political slogan drawn up by smart political ad people. It worked well in 2016 for President Trump as it appealed to people who felt left behind or out of things and it got them out to vote for him. It's not anything more menacing than "I like Ike" or "Now more than Ever."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To me it's a political slogan drawn up by smart political ad people. It worked well in 2016 for President Trump as it appealed to people who felt left behind or out of things and it got them out to vote for him. It's not anything more menacing than "I like Ike" or "Now more than Ever."

That, of course, is perspective based... depending on how someone personally interprets rhetoric.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In politics today I would question how much is really a candidates words and thoughts, and how much is material from the political equivalent of script writers. Campaigns seem more like Hollywood entertainment these days, a cross between a movie and the WWE.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In politics today I would question how much is really a candidates words and thoughts, and how much is material from the political equivalent of script writers. Campaigns seem more like Hollywood entertainment these days, a cross between a movie and the WWE.

I'm wont be surprised if folding metal chairs come into play in debates next. :):

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I thought it was a scheme to move merch. Follow the money.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I would not think that anyone would complain that they're not getting enough of the unfiltered Trump, probably just the opposite

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would not think that anyone would complain that they're not getting enough of the unfiltered Trump, probably just the opposite

I've wondered sometimes if what we see in the tweets is raw or somebody helps amp it up for him. None of us really know, he may have somebody that he talks to that helps him.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Slogan - yeah.

Seems to me it grew in response to Obama's "apology tours" where he accepted blame for America for all the world's ills. That didn't sit well with a great many people.
    It grew out of Trump's perception that the US was getting screwed in international trade deals; that the "shadow government" and the Swamp were content to see America as a "super power" that had had its time and wasn't deserving of continuing on in the same way.
    It was a response to Obama's contention that "America's best days are behind it"; that "the 1% GDP is the 'new normal'"; that America's days as a manufacturing powerhouse were over.

Trump's response to all the negativism of the Obama years; to the slanders of the Middle Class blue collar workers in Flyover Country; to the prospect of economic stagnation and mounting taxes and the idea that Americans should hang their heads when facing the rest of the world was to deny all that and fight for a return to economic prosperity via better trade deals; reduced taxes; more incentives for manufacturing to stay here and stemming the bleeding of tax money to illegal aliens by - preferably - stopping them from flooding into the country. All these things struck a chord with a pretty large segment of the US electorate that were tired of being told they either have to fall in line with Democrats' definitions of "tolerance" and "victimhood" or be vilified as race traitors, racists, or "haters" on no evidence whatsoever.

So, yeah, I wasn't thrilled with Trump but Make America Great Again - especially if it drives the Democrats bat crap crazy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I've wondered sometimes if what we see in the tweets is raw or somebody helps amp it up for him. None of us really know, he may have somebody that he talks to that helps him.

Don't worry...if SNL hasn't already done Kate McKinnon as Barron Trump writing his tweets for him...then it's coming.

Slogan - yeah.
    Seems to me it grew in response to Obama's "apology tours" where he accepted blame for America for all the world's ills. That didn't sit well with a great many people.
    It grew out of Trump's perception that the US was getting screwed in international trade deals; that the "shadow government" and the Swamp were content to see America as a "super power" that had had its time and wasn't deserving of continuing on in the same way.
    It was a response to Obama's contention that "America's best days are behind it"; that "the 1% GDP is the 'new normal'"; that America's days as a manufacturing powerhouse were over.

Trump's response to all the negativism of the Obama years; to the slanders of the Middle Class blue collar workers in Flyover Country; to the prospect of economic stagnation and mounting taxes and the idea that Americans should hang their heads when facing the rest of the world was to deny all that and fight for a return to economic prosperity via better trade deals; reduced taxes; more incentives for manufacturing to stay here and stemming the bleeding of tax money to illegal aliens by - preferably - stopping them from flooding into the country. All these things struck a chord with a pretty large segment of the US electorate that were tired of being told they either have to fall in line with Democrats' definitions of "tolerance" and "victimhood" or be vilified as race traitors, racists, or "haters" on no evidence whatsoever.

So, yeah, I wasn't thrilled with Trump but Make America Great Again - especially if it drives the Democrats bat crap crazy.

I don't know what it is about it that people can't figure out. I mean, the guy only spent like his entire campaign playing up manufacturing plant closures. For the longest time in the primary it seemed like all he talked about, and certainly more so than other issues. But that focus was hard for people to be against; so that's when the "White Nationalism" stuff got started. The Left couldn't let Trump successfully back-door Democrats about the labor union constituency they were effectively leaving for dead (a great number of whom, it should be pointed out, are middle-class black people). That would not do. It had to be made into something more sinister.

NAFTA did more to hold back the economic fortunes of black Americans, for one "example group," that anything else I can name. It has crushed communities like the ones near where I came from, causing the shuttering and tearing down of retail businesses because there's nobody there with money to patronize them anymore. But now; now we have Trump. "White Nationalism." There are miles-long areas that used to be bustling with middle-class economic activity, which now look like a tornado went through them (I mean there is nothing left). But we are getting people mad about hats. People in policy positions who knew precisely what they were doing, plundered those communities. But we are going to get this "White Nationalism" crap shoved down our throats by the media, because they are seasick that they helped elect Trump.

Immigration? Same deal. We administratively "process" the wretched refuse of the teeming (desert) in by the millions. So, what is the new political chant? Extreme Inequality! Well duh - for one thing, we're _importing_ it! 500+ sanctuary jurisdictions and counting. Every day California seeks, desires, and implements a mission statement to be the destination of choice for the western hemisphere's malaise. Then, incredibly, the existence of this underclass (in part) is held up as evidence our system is somehow flawed and unjust at its core.

Trump's voters did not create this mess. And they are not somehow evil for wanting a President to actually do something about it. Clumsy though the attempt may be.

What is super-ironic to me, is that if Trump sat there with his thumb up his ass like all other Republican Presidents, making pretty speeches at the National Prayer Breakfast while allowing the chaos to continue unabated - he would be example (n+1) of what a Republican President is supposed to be.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    MAGA is just a slogan that means to oeople whatever they want it to mean. If you want to bring back fiscal responsibility, that’s what it means. If you want the US to regain respect in the world, that’s what it means. If you’re a racist, there’s a MAGA for you too. It’s not always positive. You can be opposed to MAGA and have it mean something for you. If you’re a race baiter, you’re covered as well. Globalist? Covered.

There are some areas where America has grown worse, where it’d be great to restore us back to a former glory. And there are areas where America has improved, and we don’t want to go back there.

But mostly MAGA is a trigger for bat **** crazy people.

Top Bottom