Anti-Second Amendment feeling among FFL holders?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Sunday, on the backroads near Shelbyville, I noticed that a gun shop was open that I had passed several times in the early morning hours. I needed some 7.62x 25 and was pleasantly surprised to be able to purchase a box in that shop. By way of conversation, I mentioned doing some trading at a outdoor market here in Indiana...and was soon informed by the owner, that all firearms sales should be required to pass through an FFL dealer. I asked the gentleman to clarify...Should I be able to sell to my son? He grudgingly admitted that sales should be allowed in immediate families. Is this a common feeling among FFL holders?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Just like there are plenty of people who don't want the nfa repealed or opened up. They'd lose their aces on the tens of thousands of dollars spent for a single m16.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Seems like these people are not so much anti-Second Amendment as their are pro-self-interest. But I guess that is the nature of rent-seeking.

It is infuriating when one of these individuals who is making money solely because of the existence of a government program becomes a "true believer" in the value and innate goodness of the program, despite the greater good.

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Sunday, on the backroads near Shelbyville, I noticed that a gun shop was open that I had passed several times in the early morning hours. I needed some 7.62x 25 and was pleasantly surprised to be able to purchase a box in that shop. By way of conversation, I mentioned doing some trading at a outdoor market here in Indiana...and was soon informed by the owner, that all firearms sales should be required to pass through an FFL dealer. I asked the gentleman to clarify...Should I be able to sell to my son? He grudgingly admitted that sales should be allowed in immediate families. Is this a common feeling among FFL holders?

Please out the FFL holder so I can make sure never to patronize their business. Guy is self-centered and puts $$$ above principle.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    No where near as hypocritical as don davis having a televised demonstration, burning&burying a few chinese kalashnikovs, ranting about US gun laws and then selling the rest saying "I don't make the laws".

Damn, that was faint praise. Can anybody h e a r it?

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Who wouldn't want $20 for a few minutes of work - hundreds or thousands of times per year.

If it was the law that a private sale had to go through a FFL, I'd venture a guess that the $20 may go up a bit. You are right though, 5-10 minutes to do the background check and 2 minutes to log it in the book.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Common to people owning businesses and wanting to make a profit. Having a FFL means little in this instance. Find me the serious businessman that wouldn't enjoy having monopoly on the market... I doubt you will.

Top Bottom