• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I'm looking to sight in my AR for the 3gun matches and need a 200 or 300 yard outdoor range that's local to Indy. Preferably west of Indy and a public range. I'm a member of MCF&G, but they only allow rimfire, pistol and shotgun. And where they're located I fully agree with those limitations. So can anybody help me out?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I live maybe... 10 miles from there. I don't shoot there, but I drive by it all the time. Seems like a nice place.

Spinaltapls1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Avon, IN
    well i have a 300 yard range in Avon IN. but the last guy i let shoot there from this forum might have ruined it for everyone. PM me and maybe we can work something out. you can shoot any CAL and i have a area to shoot clays.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    That seems to be a very good deal, and at least it's in the country. A nice drive west on US 40.

Anyone been there??

I was there about.....8 hours ago. :D

Great place to meet people. Met some awesome guys there in the 5 or 6 times I've been.

I would advise not to go on a weekend, or maybe go early (8am)....it gets busy and there are only 2 rifle shooting stations, so you end up waiting awhile. If you like to stand around and chat you might not mind this.

Don (the owner) is VERY strict about his rules. But they're all common sense so no biggie for any responsible person.

You can only shoot to 200 yards unless you get approval to use 300/400. Steel on 50, 100, 200.

For $20 a year it's hard to beat.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    well i have a 300 yard range in Avon IN. but the last guy i let shoot there from this forum might have ruined it for everyone. PM me and maybe we can work something out. you can shoot any CAL and i have a area to shoot clays.

You mean there's 300 yards in Avon not taken up by housing developments and chain restaurants?

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA

Please tell the story..................would love to know what he did.:dunno:

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I wish there was a decent rifle range not an hour plus drive from Indy that had a 100+ distance. I need to move back to WV, where my parents backyard was the best range :)

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Looks like a really nice facility, but trying to avoid hour and a half drives. Ammo prices are up but more importantly gas is 4.00/gallon.

Top Bottom