• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I'm on the east side of Indy and Fort Wayne would be a bit of a hoof. I have some family that lives down by Silver Creek and will be visiting this weekend. Would of worked out if they stuck to their schedule. :)

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Weather dictated our match schedule. Send me a PM with your email address & I'll add you to our match announcement email. I post a match announcemnt thread on INGO & brianenos 4 or 5 days prior to our match. Normally our super steel is the 4th saturday but with a sunny & 55 degree forecast for last saturday, we couldn't pass up a great day for shooting. We will not shoot steel this saturday. Snow is in the forecast friday with over night lows in the 20's, Saturday's hi 32, it is prudent to cancel.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Can you provide an overview

Title kind of says it all. I am not familiar with this shooting discipline. Can you provide a brief overview of the type of shooting. i.e. targets, distance, etc. What type of firearms ? Ammunition ? Cost to participate ?

Thanks in advance.

Amboy49

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If you are around Vigo County. The rimfire madness at Riley Conservation Club is simple really. They have different divisions (pistol iron sites, pistol optics, rifle iron sites, rifle optic, plus maybe a few others). It is all for fun, after the match, the guy who puts it on will send you an email with the results. Firearms wise, whatever you have that accepts magazines. The three most common guns I have seen is Ruger 10/22's, M&P 15-22's, and Ruger MKII III pistols. If you have magazines (I recommend enough to have 100 rounds loaded), ammo (no restrictions other then it has to be .22lr) you are good to go. The cost is $10 last year (if you helped set up, it is 1/2 price though). The targets range from Silloutette targets, angle iron, pipe, round flat metal, flat square metal, to 4x4 pieces of wood.

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Thanks for the information... One question: you recommend enough mags to carry 100 rnds. Do they have to be factory mags or can you use high capacity mags?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Most use 25-30 round magazines, but there has been a few 50 rounds for guns that accept them. You will have plenty of time to reload at the Riley CC Rimfire match. Usually about 10 to a group. They always have at least a time keeper and the RO. Sometimes have the RO, Timekeeper and score keeper. I usually do both time and score keeper for the group I am with until it is my turn or I need to reload.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Thanks for the information... One question: you recommend enough mags to carry 100 rnds. Do they have to be factory mags or can you use high capacity mags?
    There aren't any restrictions regarding magazine capacity.
    The most targets that we have had in a single stage is 49. 4 10 round mags is the very least amount you would want starting a stage. We allow other competitors to load mags for you while you are shooting, but this is not the most efficient way to get through a stage. You will have fun, but it's doubtful that you will be competitive.
    If you are shooting one of the more common firearms, other competitors may be willing to share their mags with you.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Litlratt,

When is the first rimfire match of the season?:) I can't open the calender b/c it's a .docx. Could someone on riley's site put the calender in a .pdf instead so that everyone can read the calender?

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm toying with the idea of hosting a rimfire (.22LR and .17 Mach2) "safari" for small plastic dinosaurs and other semi-rare creatures in 2013.

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Northern Porter County Conservation Club has a rimfire match where they shoot both pistol and rifle, and steel plate matches where you can shoot 22. I heard they were going to allow 22 rifle at the steel plate matches this year. Don't think the website has 2013 dates yet. Also SAM in Knox has metallic silhouette

Top Bottom