Any 9mm Federal Tactical 124gr HST available?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I ended up buying two 50rd boxes off of GunBroker for too much. You can go on GB and see what they are going for.

This is what I want to carry in the two 9mm I might carry and also have enough to run some rounds through them to verify operation.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Good luck. I'm in a constant search too. IF you can find it you are looking at least $31 per box from what I've seen. I'm still waiting on a backorder from ~5 months ago at $26 per box.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got two boxes in the mail today of the 124 +P. OK, now I am set and, of course, will probably run across some cheaper now.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm also searching for the 124 +p HST. Would you be willing to share where you obtained these rounds?

Thank you,
    Andrew

Gun Broker for way too much money, but I want what I want and I want it now. I am a member of the more money than brains crowd. Can't find it again but I just read a ballistic gelatin report that compared the 124 to th 147 HST and the 147 retained it's petals where the 124 routinely shed most. Penetration was similar. Oh well, I got what I got and it will be better than the ball ammo I had before.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Ok I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money, or anything. When rounds are tested they use Balistic jail, and will usualy fire rounds at four layers of denom. So how many people do you know that wear four layers of denim. I mean honestly why pay $20 for twenty rounds. When you can get Ranger. Magtech, Hydra-shoks, and other sd rounds $20 for fifty rounds. Doubt their effectiveness then try shooting yourself, and tell me how you feel. My :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ok I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money, or anything. When rounds are tested they use Balistic jail, and will usualy fire rounds at four layers of denom. So how many people do you know that wear four layers of denim. I mean honestly why pay $20 for twenty rounds. When you can get Ranger. Magtech, Hydra-shoks, and other sd rounds $20 for fifty rounds. Doubt their effectiveness then try shooting yourself, and tell me how you feel. My :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

Cause it's what I wanted. The American way man! (Didn't you read the more money than brains part?)

Top Bottom