• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Hi, I previously held a 4-year permit which approved with no issues. That expired in December and I reapplied for a lifetime permit. That application was denied due to "false statement of material fact concerning a conviction". Now, this incident happened several years before I applied for the first permit so there is no new information from ISP's perspective. The only thing I can think of is I put down the wrong date maybe. Anyway, I would feel better about this if I knew what to expect going in. Has anyone gone through this? I'm really nervous about it. Carrying is a big part of my life and I have really been missing it the past 6 months. Even a few anecdotes would be great. Do I have any shot here? Thanks!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To be clear, you listed the previous conviction on both the old application and this one?

Were there any other possible convictions that you did not list on this application?

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I went through the exact same thing. Its not intimidating whatsoever. I used incorrect phrasing of the midemeanor (underage possession of alcohol) on the application, and they kicked it back. Scheduled the appeal, went in, 5 minutes later I walked out. Got my permit in the mail two days later.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    To be clear, you listed the previous conviction on both the old application and this one?

Were there any other possible convictions that you did not list on this application?
    yes. I definitely included it on both. I don't think I've even talked to a cop since that day. lol.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I went through the exact same thing. Its not intimidating whatsoever. I used incorrect phrasing of the midemeanor (underage possession of alcohol) on the application, and they kicked it back. Scheduled the appeal, went in, 5 minutes later I walked out. Got my permit in the mail two days later.
    This is great to hear! Hopefully it can be something similar for me!

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Totally painless like you said. Took less than 5 minutes when I got in there. Had an underage drinking charge back in 2002 that I TOTALLY forgot about. Phew.

Top Bottom