• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Glock 19 here. Simplicity at it's best. Rack a round and pull the trigger. Period
    Save for ammo problems, it goes bang every time. Dead on accurate, it is usually more accurate than I can be. And I happen to LIKE Glocks triggers. :dunno:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    We can meet and I will be glad to let you go threw a few mags to get a feel for it

Hell post it up and maybe others could bring thiers and you could do a comparison ?

I'll put my sidearm where my mouth is any day

Got a place to shoot close ?

Just a thunk

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    We can meet and I will be glad to let you go threw a few mags to get a feel for it

Hell post it up and maybe others could bring thiers and you could do a comparison ?

I'll put my sidearm where my mouth is any day

Got a place to shoot close ?

Just a thunk

The closest handgun range to me that isn't a members only that I'm aware of is Indy Trading Post. I've never been there but I've heard good things about it.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Indy Trading Post will serve you well. Might be a good idea for you two to check over the pistols before you go in for range time, will save range time as you will already be semi familiar with the gun. Its what I do everytime I take a new shooter to that range. Matt will help you out for sure.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    ...whatever feels comfortable in you hand.

My M&P40c (M&P9 is the 9mm version) works well for me, but it might not feel right to you. The S&W M&Ps come with 3 interchangeable back-straps that help compensate for different sized hands... if you pick one up and it doesn't feel right, you'll want to ask the store owner/clerk to let you try a different sized back-strap, and see if that helps.

My suggestion... pick up a lot of guns, and see what feels right.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've carried a Glock 26 for years. Love it. Point and shoot. Not safeties. No decocker. Just a trigger. No DA/SA crap. Same shot every pull of the trigger.

For this reason, I don't even consider other firearms for carry. I don't want the hassle of having to manipulate additional gadgetry. It's a personal preference though.

Others that I've had personal experience with that would make possible good EDC pieces:

The P30/P30L is a fine firearm. Though I hate the DA first shot (you'd think a $1000 firearm could make it just a little bit smoother), but the follow-up SA shots are suh-weet!!!!!! And the gun itself is just sexy. I prefer the long model. :naughty:

Ruger P95: Solid and dependable.

XD: I think it's a Glock revisited :dunno: but I know how that's gonna send the XD fans into a fit. :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For a lot of people, the CZ works well. I chose the CZ as our standard family gun since it works well for everyone in the family. The weight helps to control the recoil and the things just work each and every time.

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    Currently I have several guns on my "want to buy list." At some point, since I will have (make my last payment to Bradis next week!) a handgun in .40 caliber, I'm looking at getting a secon hangun in 9mm. Right now my first choice for a 9mm is the Glock-19, but some of the other things I've looked at are Smith & Wesson M&P, Springfield XD, and a few of the 9mm's that Ruger has put out. Any suggestions from the more experienced handgun owners on this site?
    You have done your homework, any gun in your post will serve you well it's just a matter of personal preference and how the gun feels in your hand, I would also add that any of the 3rd Gen. S&W are a good choice. Good luck.

g194life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    I know i am going to rock the boat here, but most people don't pick up a glock and instantly like it. So argue that just by holding it and seeing that it feels comfortabe is not necsarrily going to get you the best gun for you. I was an h&k guy before i started shooting idpa, i now carry either my g19 or g26 and often shoot my g17 for compitition.
    Any of the name brands should suit your needs, and with PRACTICE you will be shooting it great.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    If I could only have one 9mm pistol the rest of my life it would be a Glock 19. I agree with the gentleman that said simplicity is best for carry. The Glock is simple and reliable and that is what you want in a carry piece.

The 19 is extremely light weight, holds 16 rounds, is combat accurate, no extra safety features that aren't necessary, and goes bang EVERY time you pull the trigger, what's not to love about that.

Other options:
    M&P Series - these are very good guns as well
    Ruger SR9c - more safety features than I like but still a great carry 9
    XD/XDm - not a huge fan of the XD pistols, mainly because of the grip safety
    Walther PPQ - this gun is right at the top of my want list, I had a P99 for a long time and it was an awesome gun, and the PPQ looks to be even better. Slightly larger and heavier than the G19 so might not be quite as good for carry.

One other worthy mention for me is the PX4 storm, it is one of the smoothest shooting guns I have ever had, I just don't care for the DA/SA setup, I like striker fired pistols better because every trigger pull is consistent.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    If you want to make a road trip and try some guns out find one of the INGO meet and shoots and go. We usually have 30+ people up here in the NW part of the state, with a large number of guns to try, and people are always willing to let you and show you the basics of the gun.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...son_3_sun_29_jul_2012_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

I really wanna go to one of the meet and shoots but unfortunately I won't be able to make this particular one :sad:

Top Bottom