• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Ft Wayne
    I didn't notice an answer to this yet so here's what I know. The XDm's are upgrades on the XD's in the following ways:

1. Match grade barrel
    2. Better trigger
    3. No more need to dry fire the gun to remove the slide during break down.
    4. A choice of 3 different grip back straps to allow you to pick the one that makes the grip fit your hand the best.
    5. Contour of the slide and slide serrations, which should improve grip for racking the slide.

Now specifically about 9mm. The XD magazine will hold 16 rounds. The XDm magazines hold 19 rounds. I'm not certain, but believe that they are the highest capacity you will find in a currently made pistol as a standard mag.

I loved my XD .40 and now that I have an XDm .40 I am even happier. I don't think you could go wrong with an XD or an XDm.

I have ax XDm 3.8 Compact (9mm) and absolutely LOVE it. FLAWLESS since the day I bought it. Also... it carries nicely in IWB (Maxtuck from White Hat Holsters). Friend of mine w/ SW M&P .40 EDC shot my XDm 1 day and raved about the XDm trigger as compared to his 40. He then let me shoot his M&P.... STILL LOVE MY XDm!!!!!!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have ax XDm 3.8 Compact (9mm) and absolutely LOVE it. FLAWLESS since the day I bought it. Also... it carries nicely in IWB (Maxtuck from White Hat Holsters). Friend of mine w/ SW M&P .40 EDC shot my XDm 1 day and raved about the XDm trigger as compared to his 40. He then let me shoot his M&P.... STILL LOVE MY XDm!!!!!!

I agree on the XDM-9 compact. I wear it with my Serpa, but I am getting a Raven holster for it later on

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Count me as another satisfied P95 owner. Bought mine used and have since put around 2500 rounds through it with no malfunctions. Accurate, easy to take down and clean and eats all 9x19mm ammo without fail.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Thanks for all your advice guys. So far the top three on my list of WTB 9mm's are -- drumroll please --

1. Walther PPQ based on many rave reviews of satisified INGOers
    2. Glock 19
    3. S&W M&P

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Currently I have several guns on my "want to buy list." At some point, since I will have (make my last payment to Bradis next week!) a handgun in .40 caliber, I'm looking at getting a secon hangun in 9mm. Right now my first choice for a 9mm is the Glock-19, but some of the other things I've looked at are Smith & Wesson M&P, Springfield XD, and a few of the 9mm's that Ruger has put out. Any suggestions from the more experienced handgun owners on this site?

There are lots of plastic 9MMs out there. If you want a real gun, get a 92-series Beretta. ;)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Does anyone in your area sell Caracals? They are very similar looking to glocks, according to the guy at the local gun store even Glock guys love them. The sights are unique on them. The one they had in stock was too big for me but I did like it.

Welcome to CARACAL

I looked at that too over at BB. Those sights are amazing. The gun felt like crap and looked like junk but I loved the ease of sighting that thing upon drawing it.

Mecacate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    South Side Indy
    I'll through another possibility your way - A used S&W 908 ... light, pleasant to shoot, reliable, DA/SA with safety. It's a 3rd generation smith that has many parts interchangeable with the 3913. It;s the best concealed 9mm I've found.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    I love, love my Glock 19. I prefer the trigger and feel over most things, but it is totally a preference thing.

I've been eyeballing the XDs, but if you're going that direction why not look at them in .45? The single stack makes it a big +1 in my book.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I love, love my Glock 19. I prefer the trigger and feel over most things, but it is totally a preference thing.

I've been eyeballing the XDs, but if you're going that direction why not look at them in .45? The single stack makes it a big +1 in my book.

Going with a Glock 19 or Glock 22 was actually my first choice of handgun, but at the time I didn't have alot of cash to play with. XD's are on my list of potential 9mm's though.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    As many guns as I own and have trained with, played with, etc, I ALWAYS go back to my G19 as the Go-To gun. It is not pretty or stylish but I am accurate with it and can put a lot of rounds on target easily with that platform. It is also exceptionally easy to work on AND conceal. You cannot go wrong with the G19.

As a side note, a majority of police and federal agencies are using Glock. For instance, Fort Wayne carries G17's. If poop were to hit the fan the G19 could use G17 mags in a pinch.;)

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    As many guns as I own and have trained with, played with, etc, I ALWAYS go back to my G19 as the Go-To gun. It is not pretty or stylish but I am accurate with it and can put a lot of rounds on target easily with that platform. It is also exceptionally easy to work on AND conceal. You cannot go wrong with the G19.

As a side note, a majority of police and federal agencies are using Glock. For instance, Fort Wayne carries G17's. If poop were to hit the fan the G19 could use G17 mags in a pinch.;)

I agree on all points, there are a lot of 9mm's out there I like, but if I could only have one pistol it would be my Glock 19.

Top Bottom