• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My girl got to coonfinger tons of pistols and really liked a couple of Sig Sauers and the Ruger LC9. That was an ah-ha moment for her.

Mine was the Slogan Outdoors elastic rubber rifle sling. I watched the guy demo at least 5 different positions with it and I gladly made him take my money.

fraige1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Crane
    That the R51 really does seem as bad as everyone says it is. also that i need 30000 for one of those new fancy tracking point rifles asap.

Last edited:

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Well, I was at the Smith & Wesson booth. I was talking to one of the reps about the MP 9mm. I told him I owned a 3rd Gen Smith 5903, which I think rivals any of their current models. He said he had never heard of the 5903. Hmm....

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I then went to check out Armscor's booth and chatted with the owner for about 20 min. I'm not a fan of RIA, but the level of commitment and pride, along with friendly attitude, made me a hell of a fan. Think I'll support them with a double stack 9mm target gun!

I second your thoughts on Armscor. While lurking in their area, Miguel Jr scored a free t-shirt. That, plus the freebie Kriss hat and Remington t-shirt amounted to a fashion makeover for the lad, just in time for spring!

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Was nice to finally hold the Desert Tactical Arms weapon systems.

And yes Chris Costa is tiny I think his dog weighs more than him.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a couple of A-ha moments. The first was the Timney trigger in a Mosin Nagant. Holy Cow! That really has me thinking about doing an upgrade to one of my Mosins. The other was the ACOG. I had never handled one before and never saw the benefit over the Eotech sights but playing with a bunch of them really does show where they shine. The ACOG with an RMR attached seems to be a better solution than an Eotech with a magnifier behind it.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have only recently gotten back into pistol shooting, so I probably had more Ah-Ha moments than most...

The Hi-Viz sights. I will be changing out the sights on my pistol.

The training systems available. I'm going back again today solely to look into them more in-depth.

The degree to which the vast majority of the most popular pistols don't impress me because they aren't comfortable in my hand and have lousy triggers.

Agree with the guy that mentioned that the R51 is not as bad as made out to be. Most of the comments seem to center around how gritty the slide is when that is the way it supposed to feel because of the type of locking system. Not sure if I want one, but I liked it better than most of the pistols I handled.

The lack of sense of some of the manufacturers. I really liked the new Kel-Tec bullpubs, but more expensive than an IWI Tavor? How do they think that will work out for them? There was a really cool version of the classic Thompson sub-gun in .22lr, but $1200 for a .22lr? Seriously? Have they looked at the competition?

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I felt all the r51's on the east side of the booth. One in particular has such a rough slide function that it turned me off completely. A few others felt better, but not good by any means. Hard to explain, but imagine the top of a chamber being covered in convex machine marks. Thats what it felt like. I also noticed that the exterior of the chamber was absolutely torn the hell up on the one that was hard to rack.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    my ah ha moment was when i realized i didnt bring enough money. I'm kind of hyped about the two magpul AR tools. Curious how they hold up to current tools. Loved the Apex booth(triggers) and the M&P9 CORE felt so right. Might have to upgrade my 40 to a CORE9

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I fell in love with the boberg XR9. That's by far and large the best double action only trigger I can imagine, and I was able to fit my whole hand on the little thing.

Not a whole lot stood out to me but it was nice to try out the EAA witness series of pistols as I had no clue about their quality levels. Loved their single actions, those seem like some seriously underrated firearms. The walther PPQ certainly lived up to the internet hype. Was a nice learning experience in what exotic highend things are worth it and what are a lot of hot air. I did not encounter a single 1911 that was any smoother or had a better trigger than my cheap kimber.

Was nice to finally demo about all the major optics manufacturers back to back. I still walk away partial to the trijicons, for what you get out of the size and weight, but the vortex HD gen IIs certainly were a surprise.

The sig arm brace sure did make a great shoulder thing that goes up. Certainly a comfortable sto... thing. The sig MPX is going to be hard to resist.

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I have thought about having a HS Precision handgun built for a few years. After playing with one for quite a while today, I know it's time to go ahead and place the order.

flintman50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NW Indiana - lake Co
    Dan Coonan's bringing back the Coonan Cadet....I don't think they are calling it that but it's basically a commander sized 1911 in .357...look out for the fireball. I weakened and ordered one......now how to pay for it.......

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    i've been on the fence for awhile about what ar to get in the 1000 to 1300 range, and i really dig the stag 3t with the diamondhead rail and sights now that i've handled it. very nice.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    -Chiappa is making some really cool stuff right now. I especially like the Little Badger and the Triple Threat.

-As hard as they are pimping the R51 (and they were at the show), it’s not getting very good reviews from most folks I’ve talked to.

-The SCCY dudes are pretty cool.

-Man, Uberti makes some beautiful pistols.

-I’m pretty sure I need a LeMat sometime in the near future. :)

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    For me it was finally deciding on whether to go with a R700 or a Savage and Savage will get the final nod. For me it was all about knowledge and professionalism of the folks at the Savage booth. I asked about F Class shooting and was immediatley directed to Darrell Buell (Team Savage, F-class) to answer all of my questions. Could not be happier with the people at Savage and I was very impressed with their Savage 12 F/TR, that's probably going to be my new baby in a few months. To be honest, the folks at the Remington booth were kind of snobby and they had noone there (atleast nooone that any of the reps knew) that was knowledgeable about competition shooting or participated in competition shooting. That speaks volumes to me as to what type of audience you are targeting. Savage will be getting my business.

Also played with the Timney triggers for the 700 and I felt what an 8 oz trigger pull is like. Basically I touched the trigger and it went off. Freaking nuts! That trigger scared me to be honest. I love a nice light, crisp trigger pull as much as the next guy but there is a limit to how low it should be dialed down to. A good stiff fart could set that thing off!

Top Bottom