Any AR manufacturers making a factory gun with an A2 fixed carry handle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Colt has been living off the successes of their name since the single action revolver. They make a good ar-15, but I'd agree with you that there is better out there.

I was able to talk with someone at White Oak Armament and I think they're going to be able to put together what I'm looking for. They're still checking details of a couple of things and then they're going to send me quote. I have a WOA SPR and I absolutely love it, so I'm confident I'd be more than happy with another upper from them.

I've never been disappointed in Colt's AR15's, those with the A2 upper have shot amazingly well for me. Along with today's offerings, I would buy the Colt and let it eat!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not trying to come off as an AR expert, but reading where people who are has made me question Colts a little bit. My first AR was a 20" Colt Hbar A2 and it was great. Currently I have a 6920, that has been nothing but outstanding and I have zero hesitation about buying another Colt if I saw the right deal on one. My only negative opinion on Colts is that they don't really seem to want to stay competitively priced compared to their counterparts.

Perfect example would be the rifle linked at CDNN. It's used, and $800 before changing out the stock to a collapsible stock. I'm not saying it'd be a bad rifle at all, I'm just saying for $800 I can be in the range of something new with a known starting point instead of not knowing how the rifle has lived up to this point.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm not trying to come off as an AR expert, but reading where people who are has made me question Colts a little bit. My first AR was a 20" Colt Hbar A2 and it was great. Currently I have a 6920, that has been nothing but outstanding and I have zero hesitation about buying another Colt if I saw the right deal on one. My only negative opinion on Colts is that they don't really seem to want to stay competitively priced compared to their counterparts.

Perfect example would be the rifle linked at CDNN. It's used, and $800 before changing out the stock to a collapsible stock. I'm not saying it'd be a bad rifle at all, I'm just saying for $800 I can be in the range of something new with a known starting point instead of not knowing how the rifle has lived up to this point.

True enough, some of their used ar's in configs that aren't available now are higher $$ for sure. Rock River makes one with the fixed A2 or the White Oak you described.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...egory_id=226&usg=AOvVaw0LwOCDoNaASBWOeyFQsvtb

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Yeah I posted the wrong link. Both of these are out of stock.
    This one is closer to an A2 but has a removable handle: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/137552
    This one is all A2 but an FN (also a great rifle): https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/169560

2 summers ago I bought my son a RRA Stainless NM upper because he decided he wanted to shoot Highpower. It's a Cerro Forge A2 with all the NM goodies. I'm happy to have it.

As for my son shooting Highpower? A match in July and one in August wearing a basic coat in prone in the baking sun at Atterbury was enough for him to concede his dad had better stamina than he did. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom