• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Yeah... This business of proprietary parts. Wasn't aware of that aspect with .308 platforms before I read some reference to that on either the Armalite site or Bud's Gun Shop site. Don't think I like that.

slough I know you know that I'm a big Armalite fanboy. My M15A2 NM must've been built on a Wednesday back in 2002.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive had a number of various LR308 Models and Currently have one the TAC20 LR308s and have not had any trouble with cycling with any ammo Ive ran through it from cheapo steel case Wolfe to my handloads. With that being said when I got them home an took them out of the case I broke all them down an cleaned an oiled them. Make sure that bold is well lubed. From the factory their shipped pretty dry from what Ive seen at least with the LR308s. Hope this helps...

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Sounds like you have it figured out, you need to try some better ammo.
    Armalites have a lifetime warranty: something to remember before getting frustrated.

To the Magpul fanboys, the AR10A is the model that takes P-Mags.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    I have an Armalite AR-10B that I broke in with 147 gr ammo (PMC and Federal). I have the national match upper and it really likes 168 gr. SMK or 165 gr AMAX. Go to Armalite's site and look at the technical literature regarding break-in. Run the bolt wet and follow the tech notes on barrel cleaning.

GN

Top Bottom