• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Martial Arts: Indiana State Champion (weapons, kata, and kumite, age/wt div.) 2006-2009, Regional Nat'l Champion (weapons, kata, and kumite, age/wt div.), 2007-2009. Best performance was in 2008 Int'l Karate Tournament in Athlone, Ireland, 1st place weapons, 1st place kata, 3rd place kumite (I lost kumite to the Romanians, but creamed them in weapons).

And yes, I love to brag about it. :D

What Scutter is not telling you is that all the other yellow belts in the tournament were 8 years old. Dang Romanian second graders! :laugh:

LOL. We love the karate guys because they keep their fists on the hips. May not win the fight, but they can take a punch!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Way, way back in 1988, I won the USPF (United States Powerlifting Federation; was the US version of IPF then) Northern California Bench Press Championship in the over 275 lb. weight class, and I was second that year in the ADFPA (American Drug Free Powerlifting Assoc) Northern Cal. Bench Press Championship. Throughout 1988-89 I was ranked in the top 16 (might have been 24, it's been a long time) in the country by ADPFA in bench press. I actually got significantly stronger in the couple of years after that when I was returning after a shoulder injury, but that's also when the more serious injuries started to accumulate.

Now I am veal.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Very impressive! My coach decided my skills were best utilized at Left Out.

I wasn't ever fast enough for that position.

In all seriousness, though, I did play end, guard, and tackle.

Sat on the END of the bench, GUARDED the water bottles, and TACKLED anyone that wanted to mess with them.

-J-

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I played guard, linebacker, kicker and punter in HS (never got to leave the field!), and strong safety in college. Benched 410 one time. Played around with some different martial arts, but finally settled on PFS. I've climbed some mountains, and done some rock climbing, but I'm too out of shape to do that anymore. I still run a couple 3-4 miles a day, though.

Top Bottom