Any backhoe owners here, need some help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have a 1980 Case 580c ck backhoe that I would like to put an enclosed cab on before winter. I don't want to buy a new one or get one of those plastic cabs. I would like to find a use cab somewhere.

Does anyone know of any machinery junk yards I could find one at. Also is this going to be just a simple bolt on or is there more involved than that? If you look at the picture it looks like pretty straight forward to remove and install a cab. I know I could sell this and get one with a cab, but then I'm getting one I don't know anything about. This one is a good machine that's not been worked to death. It's worth putting a cab on IMO.

sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    If I can remember ill ask my brother tommorow he knows a construction junkyard. I don't know if you will find a cab though. I know what you mean our backhoe now has a cab and I wouldn't want to be without, other than busting out windows from time to time. The plexiglass idea is a great one, just drill holes in it and screw it to your canopy weld a support for a side window and door. You don't have to put a door on , having it mostly blocked in will work for a wind block, we have a loader tractor and a skid loader we do this to every winter. Good luck SB.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Look up Worley(not sure im spelling that right) farm salvage in campbellsburg, its over on highway 60 just outside of salem.
    It seems like there is another one somewhere close but i cant think of where its at right now, if it comes to me i will post it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There is a construction machinery salvage firm in Elwood. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but you may get lucky. On the other hand, you could convert it. Newer machines don't have any difference between OROPS and EROPS other than having the doors and glass attached to the frame, and having the bolt-down points welded to the frame. A possible alternative would be to weld in pillars for the door on one side (as a C-model Case was a left side only entry machine) and the windows on the other and the window assembly for the back, which in my reckoning is very necessary to be able to get the glass out of the way at times. NAPA sells an add-on heater that was inexpensive and effective as of the last time I dealt with the issue. You just have to run coolant hoses and a hot wire. It has its own controls.

Happy adventures making your machine the way you want it!

Top Bottom