Any connection between Mourdock and the missing money?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I know many on this site are a fan of Richard Mourdock (or at least detractors of his competition) but I had a question that I wanted to ask:

As state treasurer, what kind of role does he play in all the money that was lost and just recently found? I've not seen any discussion of this connection that seems to be relevant. I've heard the commercial about him missing work over and over again and it seems this may be a much more salient issue.

To someone who knows little about the inner workings of state government, the treasurer of any organization (state, city, town, bridge club, etc) should know where the money is, no?

Indiana lawmakers to review latest tax revenue mistake | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I know many on this site are a fan of Richard Mourdock (or at least detractors of his competition) but I had a question that I wanted to ask:

As state treasurer, what kind of role does he play in all the money that was lost and just recently found? I've not seen any discussion of this connection that seems to be relevant. I've heard the commercial about him missing work over and over again and it seems this may be a much more salient issue.

To someone who knows little about the inner workings of state government, the treasurer of any organization (state, city, town, bridge club, etc) should know where the money is, no?

Indiana lawmakers to review latest tax revenue mistake | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Haven't heard about the missing money, but the missing work days ad is bull scat.

Edit: it's a Dept. of REVENUE issue. What's the relationship with that dept to Treasury?

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The Treasurer's job is to invest the money brought in and make sure the investments are safe, not to collect or audit the collection. The Treasurer is given $X to be responsible for and the current Treasurer has been more than responsible with the $X he was given.

Buckshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Tipton, County
    As for the missing meetings that is like saying that he must show up for evey single meeting himself. I thought that was why he had a staff to help handle things for him. I bet Lugar has not been to every meeting in all the years he has been in office.. Just a guess..

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The Treasurer's job is to invest the money brought in and make sure the investments are safe, not to collect or audit the collection. The Treasurer is given $X to be responsible for and the current Treasurer has been more than responsible with the $X he was given.

Not arguing with you, but I write my property tax checks to the treasurer. If that's not collection, what is it? I truly don't know.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Not arguing with you, but I write my property tax checks to the treasurer. If that's not collection, what is it? I truly don't know.

They receive, but don't go out and collect in the way I'm thinking of it. I guess what you're describing is collection though, but I was thinking of collection in the terms of at the point of a gun.

Indiana Code 4-8.1-2

The "missing money" falls on the Auditor (CFO Function) and Dept of Revenue. The money wasn't missing, it was there.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Real property? Real property tax is county, not a state function. There is a difference.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Haven't heard about the missing money, but the missing work days ad is bull scat.

Edit: it's a Dept. of REVENUE issue. What's the relationship with that dept to Treasury?

I would also be interested in this. Who is who's boss and who keeps track of accounts?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I would also be interested in this. Who is who's boss and who keeps track of accounts?

The Treasurer accounts for it coming in. If it's invested, the Treasurer accounts for it. If it's going out, it gets transferred to another account. The State Auditor is on the hook. The following link accounts for around $25 in aspirin expense for me in 88-90.

Fund accounting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom