• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris783016

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    I was wondering if anybody knew of a good place to crow hunt in nw Indiana? I've hunted jasperpalski and I'm goin to kingsbury today.

Moses

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Farmersburg, In.
    the best places can't be hunted. but i'd pay to hunt behind a long john silvers or red lobster. the crows there are massive and plentiful.

Jimbo Kern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    I was hunting Kingsburry for crows at the start of the season. I HEARD several murders in the distance, but I was not able to call any of them into range.

They are there. Good luck!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    An old man once told me to go to McDonalds and get two large orders of french fries and throw them into the middle of a field box and all. He said within no time, the crows would show up in droves because the red box attracted them (along with the fries) I've never tried it because where I shoot, the corn is about 8 feet high right now.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    An old man once told me to go to McDonalds and get two large orders of french fries and throw them into the middle of a field box and all. He said within no time, the crows would show up in droves because the red box attracted them (along with the fries) I've never tried it because where I shoot, the corn is about 8 feet high right now.

This really, really, yes really works. But don't tell anybody, it is a secret. Crow breast is one of my favorite foods.

There seem to be enough crows that recognize the red box, that I stopped using calls and such when I learned of this trick through the Crow hunters website. They cannot resist it, no matter how many you drop. Yes, there is a website...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    This really, really, yes really works. But don't tell anybody, it is a secret. Crow breast is one of my favorite foods.

There seem to be enough crows that recognize the red box, that I stopped using calls and such when I learned of this trick through the Crow hunters website. They cannot resist it, no matter how many you drop. Yes, there is a website...

Sluuuuuurp, gulp! Yep I took it hook line and sinker, now I'm gonna have to try it.

I laid a crow deke on the ground once and set up a couple turkey dekes facing it from opposite sides twenty feet away from it one time and just sat up on the porch to see what would happen. None landed to defend his own kind but they sure did notice when they flew over. They would land in the trees and squawk, fly around and swoop the set up squawking at it. It took them quite a while of working at it before they would give up and fly away.

I bet a couple crow dekes set on those fries boxes would be even better, then you could call them close enough from the forrest to notice. Probably a lot more would be drawn in that might not see it other wise, at least it would bring them to it faster.

Top Bottom