Any experiences with the Lazerlyte training system?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ANGAirman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    I have been wondering about the Laserlyte system myself and have been thinking about buying it for months. I just ordered it so I will not need to wonder much longer.
    Hopefully it makes my dry practice sessions more productive!

gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    I have the compact version. it's a great training tool. for just a little more you can get the SIRT. I'm having buyer remorse right now, but I still enjoy the laserLyte. Neat drill is to get a couple of the targets and have some one put them in a room, and you go find them. You can have them come on at random intervals. Both systems have Pro's and cons. For teaching the SIRT is really the way to go. To practice the laserLyte is probably the winner.
    I haven't figured out how to remember to remove the batteries between sessions on the LaserLyte. And those batteries are very expensive per click if you forget.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I played with one at the NRA show. Pretty neat. The 3 pack of popper cans were pretty cool too. I liked it. BUUUUT.......

If you have a laptop and an external webcam, this works VERY well for about the same money. (though not as portable and easy to use) With the latest upgrade/improvements this week, paired with the enhanced scoring and the target templates plugin, its a KILLER system.

Centrolutions. LASR: Laser Activated Shot Reporter

A buddy at work traded me some computer gear/consulting for his SIRT basic and v1 of this software several months ago because he just wasnt very happy with it. He was right. I wanted what you posted. The original software was good, but was a bit lacking. If you didnt have a laser that cut out quickly it would induce scoring errors. (This SIRT doesnt)

They announced the upgrades this past week and I updated. WOW! After dropping the $20 on the new target templates (already had advanced scoring), I can now shoot IDPA targets and it will score them per IDPA scoring. (with some tweaking... you need both scoring and target templates plugin for that to work) And the tweaks to the core software also get rid of the errors from non-momentary lasers! (at the cost of double taps to the same target dont register effectively)

So bottom line is that what you posted is good and simple. It just works. Got for it. If you want a bit more flexibility/features go with the LASR. You wont regret it. (a cheap webcam runs about $30 if you dont have one)

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have the Laserlyte target and like it. I use the trainer cartridge as well and works as advertised. I use it in my Sigs which are DA/SA so I don't have to worry about resetting the striker or Hammer in a Glock/XD/etc or DAO only gun. Just pull the trigger.

If you use a striker fired gun, you may want to spring for the Training Kit : LINK

If you buy the cartridge laser for a striker gun, you will have to reset the trigger every time.

There are only so many sensors and displays so if you are pretty accurate with your shots, not each individual shot will be displayed. So if you put 10 shots inside the smaller rings, only 3 or 5 lights may illuminate. To start recording the hits, you start by shotting the RESET circle, shoot your string of fire, then hit DISPLAY to see your shots. It does not illuminate with each shot. Though you should see the laser on the target to get an idea.

Overall, I think it is a great system that is perfect for the practice you describes. It is also great for practicing draws and may be combined with a shot timer app for your phone to practice presentations and shot.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I have one with the .45 cartridge and like it. I use it in my Kimber so I do I have to reset after each trigger pull but it isn't that big a deal to me.

Top Bottom