• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    After buying a "pile-o-GLOCKs" I wanted something different.
    I checked out the FNP 45 a few years ago when they first came out and kind of forgot about it. Had the "itch" the other day and set out to scratch it.

After drooling all over the counter at Blythe's (Valpo) looking at everything on the wall I kept coming back to the FDE FNX 45. :rockwoot:

It makes a great addition to my love of big ol' .45's :D

Have a set of Trijicon night sights and a kydex holster from F.O.G. Holsters on the way.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Have a FNX 45 Tactical that got earlier this year and works well. The 15 rnd mag is a pain to load and really need a loader for the last few rounds (at least when you are my age and have bone on bone contact in some joints).

Nice handgun, trying to decide which like better the FNX 45T or the USP 45T.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    :nono: Stop showing all this awesome weaponry! You're making me want to trade things!!! :): That FNH is fantastic looking, I want to hold one bad. I think one of my LGS has one, I plan on stopping asap and fondling it. Congrats on another fine addition, that's beautiful. :rockwoot:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I have an FNX tactical FDE with threaded barrel and nite sites. I like it but it's too big for EDC. The bag is cool I use it to carry my iPad sometimes.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I picked up mine from Westworth's on Friday and got a phone call from them saying that there was a factory recall. Mine was one of the affected ones and I will probably have to wait a few months to get it back. Hope you have fun with yours.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We stock the FNX .45. Right now we have it in FDE. I had a Tactical in, in black and thought I would take it for myself. But I'm wanting a tactical in FDE. THEY ARE GREAT GUNS!

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I was really loving them until I tried the trigger out, the trigger pull is not bad but HOLY ISH that is a long reset!

Never shot one just from my in store experience.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I bought the FNX -45 in FDE just as everything was starting to go crazy. Like everyone has said it is a big gun, but it does shoot extremly well. I was very surprised by the accuracy and recoil.

I kind of look at it as a poor mans HK45.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I have the FNP-45 which is essentially the same thing. I believe the main difference is focus on the magazine catch.

I love mine. The size and weight totally tame the recoil and allow for rapid on target hits without a whole lot of skill needed up front. The others are right, it is big. I joke the only way it leaves the house is in a range bag or a drop leg holster. It is my dedicated house/SHTF pistol. I have an M3X taclight on it.

I really wanted a tactical but could not justify the price difference. Word of warning, you can not get a tactical barrel and put it in a non-tactical model. I already thought of that one and found out otherwise thanks to some internet research.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i own an hk 45 usp and love it. but have also always been curious about the FN's out there...looks like a sweet gun

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    i own an hk 45 usp and love it. but have also always been curious about the FN's out there...looks like a sweet gun

I had a HK USP45C and I just never really got into it. It was a nice pistol though.

What I really want to check out next is the full size HK45.

Here is the USP45c that I had.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I felt the one at Indy Gun Safety today, it felt really nice but it's heavier than my 1911 unloaded. The 15+1 would be nice though!

Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    +1 on the FNX45. I shoot mine regularly. It's barely smaller than my H&K Mark 23. It is great to have what seems to be a bottomless magazine in .45acp. I also carry Glocks and put them in the same quality class. I have noticed a few jams on the FNX45 with other people shooting it with a limp wrist. It's accurate as you'd expect. Stainless slide is a big plus for maintenance.

Top Bottom