• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drew50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2016
    Schererville
    Judging by that car I would say you're lucky you weren't the guest of honor at a funeral around July 7th.
    Yeah lol. Crawled out of the window fairly unscathed. Couple stitches to the face from where my head bounced off the wheel and some bruises on my legs from the dashboard. Guy in a Honda Pilot made a left turn into on coming traffic (me), and hit me pretty good. Looking to get another one SOON!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    '89 GT convert, pretty much stock/original but VERY good condition. Currently waiting for time to install the '04 Cobra IRS in it that's sitting in the barn, oh and the built 5.0 I bought from a guy a few years back.

My current toy, at least in the realm of Mustangs:

20140709_182017_zps89a58e65.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I've had a few. My first when I was 16 was an 88. I kept it the longest up until about 5 years ago. I also had a 90 LX hatch 5.0 5speed car, and a 92 LX hatch 4cyl 5 speed car.

This was my 88 GT. I ended up swapping a LQ4 (GM 6.0) in it just to see if I could. Ran it in the high 11's for a while. Life and family moved me on from it. Still miss it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    '89 GT convert, pretty much stock/original but VERY good condition. Currently waiting for time to install the '04 Cobra IRS in it that's sitting in the barn, oh and the built 5.0 I bought from a guy a few years back.

My current toy, at least in the realm of Mustangs:

20140709_182017_zps89a58e65.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Where are you going to race that? Looks like an scca type chassis?? Looks like you may have added rear fender flares for tore clearance? And what powertrain do you plan to run?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Where are you going to race that? Looks like an scca type chassis?? Looks like you may have added rear fender flares for tore clearance? And what powertrain do you plan to run?

Yup, SCCA. Although not road race, it's a full on autocross car for their prepared category "C". Primarily pony cars and "can" be built to full on GT specs but with certain sanctions. This one maintains the factory "frame" but with full front to rear ties via the cage. 3 link coilover rear suspension, sla coilover front suspension. I have a mild 351w out of my last car that may go in it or possibly an injected 5.0, haven't decided yet. I prefer automatic transmission with a rear gear in the mid 4's to low 5's. I can't in good conscience say how long ago I started this project because it always seems like something more pressing always gets in the way but I've promised myself that it will move under its own power before May 1st next year.

Although this isn't mine it's remarkably similar to my old car, even the sound but I tend towards a more aggressive driving style.

[video=youtube;jrbghxQyyRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrbghxQyyRc[/video]

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Very nice should be a fun ride when it gets done.
    I understand all too well how long it can take to build these cars. In addition to all the typical "life situations", I have 2 teenage kids, plenty of work for my parents, and spend a lot of time working on/ racing the t-bird. My Mustang has been an on/off work in progress for far too long (@ 7yrs). Seems I always have something else to fill my time and more important to spend my money on. I joke with my dad and brother that I am building it Johnny Cash style..1 piece at a time..got some used parts as a result of upgrades on the t-bird too. I am hopeful that I will have it ready for paint in spring. Then I will freshen the engine and be ready to start final assembly.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wow. That's pretty awesome. Hope to do that with my lemans someday.

My dad had a fox when I was younger. Love those cars, one of the only Fords I would own. Friend of ours is the local fox expert. He's got a 93 cobra, 93 SSP cop car and a 92 chrome yellow convert LE.

jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    1992 lx 5.0 hatch. Had it repainted in 2011 and engine bay smoothed. It has sat in a garage since. Love fox bodies but my interests have changed to farming and firearms.

Drew50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2016
    Schererville
    '82 GT(The Boss is back), 90 LX 5.0, '90 5.0 SSP, 93 Cobra, currently jonsein' for a GT500
    I want an 82 GT so bad. They are one of the most aggressive looking Mustangs from the fox era. It's definitely in my top five. It's a close tie between a bubble back Capri and a box top Futura.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Is an '89 and a '94 Thunderbird considered a Fox platform? The 4.6 engine in the '94 really ran great. Even though the back seats would not haul adults, I enjoyed them.

Top Bottom