• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    i just bought one tonight. i will post pics and details tomorrow when i pick it up. its a 91 with 117,000 miles on it. what are some common problems with these trucks?

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    its the 5.8. this is my first ford. im a mopar guy and a closet chevy guy. so im bretty lost on this truck. i bought it from a good friend so im not worried about getting screwed over on it. he has replaced the entire fuel system, the rear brakes and lines are new, he just put new intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets, and a new torque converter. its also got new wheels and tires and a factory ford roll bar

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    not wild about the thing, depending on the engine the exhaust on runs right next to the body mount under the passenger floorboard and ages the mount and the body starts beating against the frame.
    Not one of the greatest designs

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I had one of the older ones (86) for several years than gave it to my son, who also drove it a number of years. We had no problems, except the amount of gas it used. It had the old 300c.i.d. That engine was unstoppable !

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have an 85, with a 351HO. Got most of the body looking good, which wasn't too bad to begin with. It is driveable in the condition it's in, but I won't use it as a regular driver until I get some minor mechanical stuff done. Electrical stuff is a mess, too. Time and money has killed my projected completion date.
    FullsizeBronco.com is another good sight for info.
    here's mine as it looks now
    da0e6bfd.jpg

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I have had....
    3 full size and 4 Bronco IIs over the years.

There are quirks to them, to be sure, but they have been amazingly reliable trucks for me, including one many years ago that was the ONLY vehicle to start in the entire family (5 vehicles) during a really bad winter storm week. They can get thirsty if you don't keep your foot out of them though - Especially the big blocks!:D

The most recent one I had was an '89 that a sheriff's department had owned. It was a sweet slightly modified 351 engine with the oil and transmission coolers added, and an alley light. I am currently without one as that one was stolen by some punk a couple of years ago and I haven't found the right replacement.

I expect to find one again, but I am seriously tempted to go old school and find a pre-78 model with the fully removable top.

Also, I think a 7.3 would be an awesome engine for a bronco! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom