• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I hunt them, planning on going to smack 'em tonight! I can maybe help you out... I know there are some other guys here, just want to get in on any thread about the topic really! Love shooting all waterfowl or anything that falls!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Been wanting to try it for years, the son seems to have taken a want too also. Figured I might was well give it a try. The later season is 2 months around here so gives me pleanty of time.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Nuisance season Sept 1-15 is a blast, 5 Canada per day bag limit (possession limit is 2 day bag limit).
    Buddy and I used to nuke em regularly, until he moved :(

I have a 3.5" 870 if I want to run steel, and an 1100 magnum for 3" bismuth.

Haven't been for ages, might give it a go again............of course I sold my dekes way back.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I am a pretty serious goose hunter. But I don't start hunting geese until about December. I will start hitting it hard when it comes back in here in a couple weeks and keep after them through the February season. The colder and nastier the better. I haven't hunted them in September for years now. I just don't enjoy warm weather hunting. I want things frozen down and snow when I hunt them. In a typical hunt I will work 1000+ birds and some hunts as many as 2500. It can get crazy.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You have to go west to get snow geese. I would love to be in a vortex of those bad boys! Bird hunting so far this year has been slow! I've actually seen a ton of geese but can rarely get a group too interested. Cold weather is needed! From what I hear they are on the rivers now. With could weather up north the birds will be showing up in a week or two!

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    You have to go west to get snow geese. I would love to be in a vortex of those bad boys! Bird hunting so far this year has been slow! I've actually seen a ton of geese but can rarely get a group too interested. Cold weather is needed! From what I hear they are on the rivers now. With could weather up north the birds will be showing up in a week or two!

I've seen some Snows in Indiana as well as White-fronted the past several years. Not many but they are around. Had a flock of white-fronted hanging around B-Burg last fall and there were 4 show geese that I was tracking.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    You won't find many snow geese. Northwest corner and down the west edge of the state on occasion in flocks, but generally if you target snow geese you are going to sit and watch a lot of empty skies. The few that I see in the NE corner of the state are lost souls that join up with a flock of Canada geese. I see on average 2 snow geese a year in the areas that I hunt. In all of my years hunting geese in this area, I have never killed a snow goose.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Anyone shooting any geese? I have been seeing them on the water and things in large groups but not in the air at all. I set up in a field with about 3 dozen decoys and just killed ducks over them... I am not complaining at all though, I actually like killing ducks more :D

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Goose is out up in this part of the state until Thanksgiving. The small bodies of water are locked up with ice. The geese and ducks are THICK right now. Going to be good hunting when the season opens back up. The more ice, the colder the temperatures, the harder the winds blow ... the better the duck and goose hunting gets up here. Looking like it could be a good December of hunting.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I saw A LOT of snow geese today! So much for having never seen them... I would out shooting ducks and several groups flew over!

Top Bottom