• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I have a couple of questions about some codes that my girlfriend's truck is throwing. First off its a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD with the 6.0 and 4x4. The truck just threw a service engine light this evening. I had it scanned and it came back with three codes: C0265, P0101, and P0158.

The P0101 is MAF, I was going to check and clean it, but most likely one of the circuits is burnt out on it.

The P0158 is an O2 sensor. Sensor 2 bank 2, which I would assume would be the second sensor behind the cat convertor on the passenger side

The C0265 is problems with the EBCM. I have read up on this being either a bad connection/ground, or a bad unit which would need to be rebuilt or replaced with new.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Any auto parts store, Auto Zone, Advance, or O'Reilly, can tell you what the codes are.

You can clean the MAF.

Replace the o2.

The ECBM, I have no idea.....

Do one thing at a time.

Clean the MAF, clear the codes, and drive it around the block.

If the engine light comes on, then re check the codes .....

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had a 2001 Savana that started throwing O2 sensor error codes. I was told I needed new ones. Took it to a couple shops and a dealer. Long story short I decided to check a little farther before ponying up the $$ I also notice it seemed to be loosing horsepower and stumbling.

There are 4 on the 2001. It uses 2 cats and O2 sensors on the in's and outs of both. To make a long story short I ended up figuring out the cat was plugged on the right side. I didn't need to waste the money on sensors.
    And I found the distributor cap was missing the center tab. It was running rich because of unburned fuel (weak spark) and I am pretty sure that plugged the converter.

Beware of o2 sensor errors when there are 2 involved on the same bank. Is the error code a imbalance? Does it run good? or smell like it's running rich and not so smooth? I seldom drove the van so I caught the low on power issue right away when I drive it. The wife just drove till the light came on. i pulled the exhaust pipe down on that side and it ran like a champ. new converters and a tune up and I was GTG.

This may not be your issue. Just sharing a issue with my GM from the same era. BTW it only had about 90k mikes at the time. I hate paying to have something fixed only to not have it fixed correctly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On the older model (late 90's) GM's the converters would throw a code after the truck sat for a while and you jumped in, fired it up and rolled out. Once warmed up the code would go away. I changed out to O2 sensors (4 of them) due to these codes. Then I learned of the issues with the cats. A good blast down the freeway at speed seemed to wake them up.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    For the C0265, start with cleaning the ground on the frame at the body mount below the drivers door

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You can pull the ECM fuse or just disconnect the battery for 5 minutes or so to reset.

Let us know how it goes.

Top Bottom