Any good deals on AR lowers at the 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    There's been posts about a LGS selling Andersson lowers for $40. Once you park ($5), pay $12 entry, put up with the crowd, etc... It's not worth going to the 1500. You aren't going to find a lower for $23 there ($23 + $5 parking + $12 entry = $40). Last time I was there, I could find the VAST majority of things cheaper online.

The only reason I go to the 1500 is for fun. I can find better prices elsewhere.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I will be going there regardless with a friend, so I am not to concerned with the parking or the admission. Where are these Anderson lowers $40?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Midwest gun exchange apparently had them listed at $39.99 on their facebook page. Seems like they're normally ~$60 or so.

Since you're going to be there anyway, just look around and see what you can find. Hope you stumble on a good deal.

I will be going there regardless with a friend, so I am not to concerned with the parking or the admission. Where are these Anderson lowers $40?

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Midwest gun exchange apparently had them listed at $39.99 on their facebook page. Seems like they're normally ~$60 or so.

Since you're going to be there anyway, just look around and see what you can find. Hope you stumble on a good deal.

Do you have a link for this? I can't seem to find a working Facebook page for them.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nope. Just read it in a post. They're really far up North, and I'm really far down South, so I had no interest in pursuing it. You can always call them, though. I hear they're nice people. But for all I know, it was a 1 day only deal.

Regardless, I can buy lowers for $60 or less all day long on the interwebz, and my LGS does $15 transfers. So if I buy 2, that comes out to $67.50 each. That's a lot cheaper for a quality lower (not polymer or some kind of junk) than anything I've seen at the recent 1500's I've been to.

Do you have a link for this? I can't seem to find a working Facebook page for them.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    You can get a stripped lower for around $50 at Palmetto, but then you'll probably have another $30 give or take in a transfer. Best price on lowers I saw at the last 1500 was around $65 plus tax, which is pretty hard to beat for a non-polymer lower. If you're going to the 1500 anyway, you may as well see what is available. I assume that Midwest Gun Exchange will be at the show, so definitely check them out and see if they brought some down. I'd be surprised if they are still selling them for $40 though, I think the 'normal' price is more like $70, which I still think is reasonable. I bought one of their Anderson lowers for $40 during their sale, but I was looking for an excuse to kill an afternoon (about 3 hours each way from Indy) and checking out their shop (which is impressive). I also stopped at the Grissom air museum, which has some interesting aircraft on display.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    How much is your wife selling them for? Without that info, I can't answer the question! But, since we don't know what the purchase price is from your wife, as others have stated, by the time you pay to park, pay admission, smell the people, and eat some jerky, your lower will be $500, look at a local gun shop, it's most likely cheaper!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Find me in the Northwest corner of the building. I'll help you find what you are looking for.

2004_starsky_and_hutch_014.jpg

dp665

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    if you want an ar lower psa has a labor day sale on blem one for 49.99 plus 9 dollar shipping

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom