• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EFriesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2024
    Lawrence County
    Are there any decent lever guns chambered in .22lr? I've shot an old Ithica saddlegun that was a lever-operated single-shot 22, but you don't get to really use the lever like in cowboy-action shooting. Looking for a fun range toy that could also be used to teach newer shooters.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Are there any decent lever guns chambered in .22lr? I've shot an old Ithica saddlegun that was a lever-operated single-shot 22, but you don't get to really use the lever like in cowboy-action shooting. Looking for a fun range toy that could also be used to teach newer shooters.
    You just can't beat a Henry.
    Be careful.
    They tend to multiply...

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I have a 39a. Have always wanted a 39M mountie. There's one at the LGS right now...he wants $1200 :(.

My son has a Henry H001 or whatever the base model is. It's actually a really decent little gun for the money. It's light and handy, decently accurate and reliable, and has a smooth action. If you're just looking for a plinker and not a collectible, you won't go wrong with the Henry.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You just can't beat a Henry.
    Be careful.
    They tend to multiply...
    I like this one personally

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have one of thr Frontier models, but mine is not threaded, and it's chambered in .22wmr

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Question for from the ignorant: Does Henry use the Brownells video room, or does Brownells use the Henry video room?

I happened to scroll down that rifles page, decided to watch the video, and half a second after the opening credits were done I was like, "I know that room!" LOL

Nice looking rifle, too

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    If you shoot 22's like most do with a 10-22 ruger then let me place my vote in for the browning BL22. The short lever throw will sell it and the accuracy is very good for the shorter barreled 22 levers. I
    My BL 22 was a tack driver. Think it was made by Howa in Japan. It's light, accurate and pretty much an anvil reliability wise.
    It has a short stroke lever throw and the trigger travels with the lever.

MH

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Been there, done that. Case in point, Harrington and Richardson Ultra Wildcat. .222 Remington, basically a Sako LS461 action rifle. Magic trigger, hammer forged barrel, dime sized 3 shot groups at 100yds. An easy 150$ less than same thing that had Sako printed on the box.

(30 years ago)

MH

Last edited:
    Top Bottom