Any good "home office" color laser printers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I've had a couple of color laser printers in my home office over the past few years. Most are very good and very quiet and fast. The only problem is they all take 4 toner cartridges and most often cost $100/. So if you need 3 or 4 at one time it's cheaper to go out and buy a new printer that is on clearance because it's last years model.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    For home office applications Brother and HP would be at the top of my list. Things to look for :

- toner cartridges replaceable separately (you don't want to throw away the rest just to replace one color)

- process unit replaceable separately from the toner (you don't want to throw away
    your toner just because the process unit is bad)

- if image quality is important to you, stay away from aftermarket toner and process
    units. They generally work OK for every day stuff but you always get better quality
    from OEM supplies.

- take a look at the yields and costs on the supply items before you buy and make
    they are numbers you can live with.

The rest is just a matter of making sure the machine you buy is suppose to capable of what you want it to do. Keep in mind that the volume ratings and supply yields that manufactures advertise for their equipment are not typically based on "real world" conditions.

Top Bottom