• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I watched 'Hunter Killer' yesterday. Predictable, but a good watch.

It is a submarine movie with lots of shooting...

I watched that awhile ago and I concur that it was alright.

If you're into sub movies (and lately I've seen a ton, credit to Brother act for that), it's hard to beat what I consider to be the pinnacle: Das Boot. It's a long watch, and you're going to be reading it unless you speak German, but it's an amazing film.

I also recently watched The Enemy Below (1957) and was pretty impressed with it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Not a movie that I would normally watch, but it was great.

I had mixed feelings on it, but the last 10 or 15 minutes were worth the wait! Kinda like Unforgiven.

If you liked Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, and somehow it's escaped you this long, try Inglorious Basterds. It's like a much better, WW2 version, of basically the same movie.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    -The Hunt was fun and had a great lead, not as clever as it thought it was but amusing for horror fans.

-I saw Underwater in the theater a couple months back, because I'm a sucker for deep sea horror movies. It was solid, can't find it anywhere now but I expect it to get dumped on digital soon.

I really want to see these two, but I'm not ready to dump $20 on The Hunt just to watch it and not care for it.

I'm a huge fan of deep sea horror. Leviathan and Deepstar Six are awesome... I can even give The Meg a pass. Underwater will probably be up my alley.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I want to watch it. After suffering through Hateful 8, I can't make myself do it.

It's drastically better than Hateful 8. I'm a big Tarantino fan, Pulp Fiction is probably my favorite movie and I'd guess I've seen it over 200 times and most of his others at least 10 times, and I only managed to watch Hateful 8 once. That's far and away his worst film, IMO.

I'll probably watch OUTIH again soon now that I'm thinking about it again.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm a huge fan of deep sea horror. Leviathan and Deepstar Six are awesome...

Sphere is a good one a lot of people missed the first time.

I cannot forgive The Meg... It was soooo terrible. I don't think I've ever seen a good made-in-China movie that wasn't intended only for Chinese audiences. All of their "Hollywood" movies are terrible.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So... I just finished up The Hunt.

Within about the first 5 minutes I remembered that it was the movie where rich liberals hunt and kill conservatives, hunger games style, and it taking all sorts of heat for the maker of the movie "hiding behind it being satire".

Well.. It very much is satire and it treats both sides about equally. And it's pretty good satire! The movie is full of great action scenes and lots of snark. I can't tell you that it's worth $20 to watch it on VOD right this moment, but it is worth seeing. It's one of the better things that I've seen lately and I'll almost certainly watch it again soon.

:yesway::yesway:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I
    only managed to watch Hateful 8
    once

Ditto, the only good part of the film was when Kurt smashed the guitar. Read where the rare ,expensive, old guitar was supposed to be switched before he broke it. Turns out he smashed the original!!!:dunno:

Don

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Uncut Gems - intense movie with Adam Sandler (This is a serious role, not classic Sandler at all - probably the best movie I've seen in a long time).

Top Bottom