• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coolhuntermike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Goshen
    well just looking for everyone's favorite wild game recipes?

Mine is some crock-pot goose that i make.

I use a 1/3 base of vidalia onion barbecue sauce and water, cubed goose breast some chopped potatoes and onion and some carrots as well as whatever else you want to put in for vegetables

then let it cook on high for about 4 hours .... mmmmm.....mmmmm... i love this stuff and my friends do too.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    This is really not so much a recipe as a method. Wife takes the tree rat meat, soaks in milk 30 minutes, coats in flour, dips in egg, lightly seasons with Montreal Chicken seasoning and then coats in panko. Brown each piece then into a pressure fryer for about 10-15 minutes. Tender and as they say "Finger Licken Good!" Works on Rabbit also, just longer fry time.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    This is really not so much a recipe as a method. Wife takes the tree rat meat, soaks in milk 30 minutes, coats in flour, dips in egg, lightly seasons with Montreal Chicken seasoning and then coats in panko. Brown each piece then into a pressure fryer for about 10-15 minutes. Tender and as they say "Finger Licken Good!" Works on Rabbit also, just longer fry time.

YUM!!!

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    Take deer burger cut with ground bacon,fry in a large cast iron skillet with a diced onion,once the burger is done throw in about 4 thin sliced potatoes, salt,pepper and a cup of water. Turn down heat and cover for about 15 minutes till potatos are done and water has steamed off then add 2 cups of sweet corn and cook for about 5 more minutes. Simple,cheap and oh so good.

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    Slow cooker italian deer. Put deer (or whatever meat you have) in a slow cooker with water to cover and italian seasonings. Cook on low over night. When you wake up shred all the meat and put back in the pot with italian dressing,pepper rings and diced green olives. The hard part is waiting without sneekin a bite

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    Buffalo frog legs
    This one is great for parties or gatherings. Take about 30 sets of big frog legs and cut the saddles in half giving 2 drumsticks. Then using a paring knife slide all meat up to the top to make a ball and cut the leg at the joint. This makes a "handle" of sorts. Then flour and fry. Once all are fried place them on a cookie sheet and cover with hooters wing sauce and bake for about 5 minutes to melt the sauce onto the legs. Serve with a mix of blue cheese and ranch dressing

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    One I made a few weeks back, real simple, but freaking amazing.

Marinade a backstrap overnight in brown sugar and soy sauce (dont have the recipe handy).

Take it out, wrap it in bacon, put it in a roaster and bake on 350 for like 90minutes, basting with the marinade as you see fit.

It is actually better warmed up the next day.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cut wild turkey breast into 1" strips. Put it in a bowl and pour a bottle of lemon garlic marinade in. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. Wrap the strips in some maple smoked bacon and use toothpicks to hold it on. Throw it on the grill. Good ****.

Top Bottom