Any home video surveillance system experts here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    My current video surveillance system is getting old and I am looking for an upgrade. I have looked at some systems and checked their reviews and they seem to be hit or miss. I had an issue here lately and want to update to a much better system.

Is there anyone here that has some reccomendations on what systems are good or ones to avoid?

Thanks,

Chuck

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    If image quality, reliability, low light performance, good product support, longevity, and durability is a concern, I highly recommend Vivotek IP Cameras. If those factors are not a concern, most security camera kits from amazon or best buy will do just fine.

The following vivotek cameras have IR illuminators for better night vision performance, POE compatible so you only have to run one CAT5/6 cable to each camera to power it and provide feed, have the ability to push live feed over the internet to be viewable from your mobile device, and come with desktop viewing software for recording and viewing all the feeds simultaneously. Furthermore, the cameras have intelligent recording firmware that enable you to specify it to record only if a large object moves in a certain part of the screen. That way you won’t have 24 hours of footage to sort through each day.

-For outdoor wall mount I prefer the vivotek IP8335H,
    -For outdoor overhang mount I prefer the vivotek FD8134V.
    -For indoor ceiling mount I prefer the vivotek FD8134.
    -Connect and power them via a TRENDnet TPE-S44 Switch

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Thanks for the information guys. My wife is more tech savvy than me and I will have to see what she thinks about what will work for us. The Vivotek system looks promising.

Chuck

Top Bottom