• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Retail value is about 900 dollars.I also have one from the war, brought back by uncle.

For a run of the mill Polish Radom this is correct, but for a Polish Eagle Radom, you could expect North of 3K on gunbroker.
    And in my opinion gunbroker will be the only place to list it with a lot of pics. If you did ever decide to sell it.
    Hopefully you did not get fleeced at the 1500 by a savvy dealer or person walking around hoping you don't know what you have.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    For a run of the mill Polish Radom this is correct, but for a Polish Eagle Radom, you could expect North of 3K on gunbroker.
    And in my opinion gunbroker will be the only place to list it with a lot of pics. If you did ever decide to sell it.
    Hopefully you did not get fleeced at the 1500 by a savvy dealer or person walking around hoping you don't know what you have.

I actually spoke with the owner the of ACME Guns out of Seymour.
    I follow them on Facebook and he seems to have quite a few of older guns available.
    But, he said it’s definitely a pre war gun, with the crest on it. I asked him for a ball park of value and he put it a give or take $1300.00
    He said it was definitely a well taken care of pistol, and hasn’t been shot much.

So, with all of that, It will sit on the safe and I’ll just keep it oiled.

Thank you all for all of your input and help.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Here is the only completed sold auction on gunbroker for a Polish Eagle Radom. Its condition looks better than yours but it’s not mint by any means. If you decided to sell it this would be your only good option around here. Trying to sell it locally would most likely end up with you getting much less than it’s worth.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789007831

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Here is the only completed sold auction on gunbroker for a Polish Eagle Radom. Its condition looks better than yours but it’s not mint by any means. If you decided to sell it this would be your only good option around here. Trying to sell it locally would most likely end up with you getting much less than it’s worth.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789007831

Owow!
    I’d say that’s probably a good comparison, the one does have the leather holster, if that’s worth anything

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yeah, they are worth significantly more than a regular Radom. There are several sharks at the 1500 who would have loved to fleece you on it.
    The holster is a nice plus, just make sure you don’t store the pistol in it.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah, they are worth significantly more than a regular Radom. There are several sharks at the 1500 who would have loved to fleece you on it.
    The holster is a nice plus, just make sure you don’t store the pistol in it.

Yes, I was told not to store it in the leather.
    I actually didn’t know that before hand. I have one of those stack on dehumidifiers with the beads in it, and you plug it into the wall for a bit, then keep it in the safe

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Why not store it in the leather? I legitimately don't know why you should or shouldn't? I don't have any old collectible guns that I would need to worry about.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I actually spoke with the owner the of ACME Guns out of Seymour.
    I follow them on Facebook and he seems to have quite a few of older guns available.
    But, he said it’s definitely a pre war gun, with the crest on it. I asked him for a ball park of value and he put it a give or take $1300.00
    He said it was definitely a well taken care of pistol, and hasn’t been shot much.

So, with all of that, It will sit on the safe and I’ll just keep it oiled.

Thank you all for all of your input and help.

Either the owner knew its true value and was hoping to clear 3K when he ran it on gunbroker, or he truly dosen't know its true value.
    Maybe he threw that $1300 dollar number out there hoping you would bite, then he would offer less than that because "He has to keep the lights on."
    Anyway my best advice is if you don't have a gunbroker acct. open one and do a few small transactions to get some feed back built up if you ever choose to sell it.
    Without having some good feed back in place, it will be hard to get someone to bid on it as they may think it is a scam.

Cool pistol by the way.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Either the owner knew its true value and was hoping to clear 3K when he ran it on gunbroker, or he truly dosen't know its true value.
    Maybe he threw that $1300 dollar number out there hoping you would bite, then he would offer less than that because "He has to keep the lights on."
    Anyway my best advice is if you don't have a gunbroker acct. open one and do a few small transactions to get some feed back built up if you ever choose to sell it.
    Without having some good feed back in place, it will be hard to get someone to bid on it as they may think it is a scam.

Cool pistol by the way.

Good feedback, thank you.
    I’ve never dealt with Gunbroker, but looks to be like EBay, don’t really want to buy anything from someone with little or no feedback.
    I guess its good to have a good plan in place if I do decide to part it with.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Good feedback, thank you.
    I’ve never dealt with Gunbroker, but looks to be like EBay, don’t really want to buy anything from someone with little or no feedback.
    I guess its good to have a good plan in place if I do decide to part it with.

Gunbroker's fee structure is much better than ebay. GB does not stick it to you like ebay does.
    I actively sell on both of the above mentioned sites. Ebay and GB are sometimes the best outlets for certain items.
    And sometimes we have to sell items we really don't want to, but in some circumstances it is the only viable option.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Cool pistol by the way.
    Yeah I never understand why people listen to gun shop owners on pricing. Or much else really. Not all of them are liars or theives or idiots but a lot are. Do your own research on your guns. All a shop owner is doing most of the time behind the counter is the same google or gunbroker search you can do yourself. Also even on ingo some people have ideas of buying what people are asking values on and they will NEVER tell you the true value because they want to buy it cheap. And some resell them for profits!
    OP, listen to guys like 223 gunner and some others in here who are giving you the big numbers. These guys are telling you the truth and they know their guns. Listen to them
    That's like asking a pawn broker what your item is worth. Theyll tell you 1k but the next day will have it in their store for 3k.
    They wouldn't have shops if they told customers what their guns are truly worth or paid full price after doing so. You will never get full value from a dealer.
    The only way a dealer is going to tell you full value is if you pay them to do an appraisal and then they're going to give you an insurance value which is normally higher than you Could ever sell it for.
    Very cool gun, thanks for sharing.

And for goodness sakes people, stop selling and trading your guns into gun shops. Go buy guns from them sure, but stop giving your guns away to them. List them on ingo or somewhere else at least. Stop giving money away. One of the saddest things I see on here all the time is guys bragging about how good this or that gunshop treated them when in reality all they did was screw them with a smile on their faces. Cant rape the willing I guess.theres a difference between keeping the lights on and ****ing someone

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah I never understand why people listen to gun shop owners on pricing. Or much else really. Not all of them are liars or theives or idiots but a lot are. Do your own research on your guns. All a shop owner is doing most of the time behind the counter is the same google or gunbroker search you can do yourself. Also even on ingo some people have ideas of buying what people are asking values on and they will NEVER tell you the true value because they want to buy it cheap. And some resell them for profits!
    OP, listen to guys like 223 gunner and some others in here who are giving you the big numbers. These guys are telling you the truth and they know their guns. Listen to them
    That's like asking a pawn broker what your item is worth. Theyll tell you 1k but the next day will have it in their store for 3k.
    They wouldn't have shops if they told customers what their guns are truly worth or paid full price after doing so. You will never get full value from a dealer.
    The only way a dealer is going to tell you full value is if you pay them to do an appraisal and then they're going to give you an insurance value which is normally higher than you Could ever sell it for.
    Very cool gun, thanks for sharing.

And for goodness sakes people, stop selling and trading your guns into gun shops. Go buy guns from them sure, but stop giving your guns away to them. List them on ingo or somewhere else at least. Stop giving money away. One of the saddest things I see on here all the time is guys bragging about how good this or that gunshop treated them when in reality all they did was screw them with a smile on their faces. Cant rape the willing I guess.theres a difference between keeping the lights on and ****ing someone

I like this guy!!
    :yesway::cool:

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010

Cool pistol by the way.

Let's just say I the owner of ACME did indeed see this in person was glad to see a clean example of one of these and was told up front it wasn't for sale. So in no way did I try to cheat or scam this gentleman into selling it. Your suggestion is merely insulting. I based it off of past guns that have came and went. While I agree GunBroker might be a place to fish for a buyer, I don't agree that it is a reference unless you look at actual bids. All it takes is two people to run each other up. It has been a bit since we had one and maybe the Market has changed since then but, I'm at a show, not my office where I can thoroughly inspect with my books, etc for 100% ID. So before we get too far down the path here, I didn't try to buy it nor did he try to sell it! Thanks for showing that to me & appreciate your interest in our products!

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Let's just say I the owner of ACME did indeed see this in person was glad to see a clean example of one of these and was told up front it wasn't for sale. So in no way did I try to cheat or scam this gentleman into selling it. Your suggestion is merely insulting. I based it off of past guns that have came and went. While I agree GunBroker might be a place to fish for a buyer, I don't agree that it is a reference unless you look at actual bids. All it takes is two people to run each other up. It has been a bit since we had one and maybe the Market has changed since then but, I'm at a show, not my office where I can thoroughly inspect with my books, etc for 100% ID. So before we get too far down the path here, I didn't try to buy it nor did he try to sell it! Thanks for showing that to me & appreciate your interest in our products!

Im super glad you’re on here!!!

Thank you again for your time at the show to look at the pistol. I did truly value you appraisal of the gun.
    Im sorry you had to read the past posts about that might have damaged your pride.

Hope to see you again at another show!

Top Bottom