• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I was on my way to help my buddy move some furniture last night and almost ran her over, so I pulled over and put her in my car. Where I picked her up and where my buddy lives was a very short distance, so I figured I'd just let her out there and hopefully someone would be by looking for her.

Well, it took about 2 minutes before she became completely attached to me, so she just followed me around the entire time we were moving. My buddy's dog is a ***** and she would have torn her up, so I bought her home with me.

I'm going to make some flyers later this evening, but if no one claims her we will probably keep her. She is an absolute sweetheart...I actually woke my 6 year old up last night to let him see her and they loved each other. I told him it wasn't our dog and we aren't keep her because I didn't want to get his hopes up.

Heck, my GSD let her eat out of his food bowl and he is pretty protective of his food around other dogs.

dog.jpg

If this is your dog, please let me know...If she is being missed right now, I certainly want the owners to have her back, but if no one claims her I won't complain.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm sure you know this, a beagle will put her nose to the ground and not look up for miles. She could have come from a long ways away. Good Luck finding her owner and if you keep her, remember, they put their nose down and don't look up for miles.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm sure you know this, a beagle will put her nose to the ground and not look up for miles. She could have come from a long ways away. Good Luck finding her owner and if you keep her, remember, they put their nose down and don't look up for miles.

Actually, I didn't know that...Looks like I'm going to put up more flyers than I thought. LOL

My kid just asked me how many days he has to wait until he knows if the dog is his or not...I guess my plan of telling him the dog isn't ours didn't work.:rolleyes:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Actually, I didn't know that...Looks like I'm going to put up more flyers than I thought. LOL

My kid just asked me how many days he has to wait until he knows if the dog is his or not...I guess my plan of telling him the dog isn't ours didn't work.:rolleyes:

Beagle hounds are sniffers, they catch a scent and follow that scent forever. They look up and "WOW" how did I get here and how do I get back?
    I love my bassets but you have to be diligent about closed fenced in area or someone to watch them while out. A chip is a very wise idea and I would take her to a vet to see if she has one already.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The other thing you have to know about beagles (other than what Mrs. G said, very true) is they will literally eat themselves to death if you let them.

Beagles will get very fat very fast if you do not monitor their intake. It’s easy to want to just feed them and because they are still eating, they must be hungry. Not true. Keep it on a strict diet.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The other thing you have to know about beagles (other than what Mrs. G said, very true) is they will literally eat themselves to death if you let them.

Beagles will get very fat very fast if you do not monitor their intake. It’s easy to want to just feed them and because they are still eating, they must be hungry. Not true. Keep it on a strict diet.

Yeah, she is probably 5 lbs over weight, which is a lot because of how small she is...That is going to be a problem because my GSD always has full bowls of food and water.

She is definitely a house dog; she whines at the door every time she needs to go.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah, she is probably 5 lbs over weight, which is a lot because of how small she is...That is going to be a problem because my GSD always has full bowls of food and water.

She is definitely a house dog; she whines at the door every time she needs to go.

I thought she looked heavy in the picture. She is cute though.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

If you end up keeping her, you may have to adjust your feeding schedule. :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep, like Mrs. G said, they're scent hounds.

They're also amongst the least intelligent breeds (so sayeth some "top 10 dumbest dog breeds lists type things).

Put that combination together and it's a recipe for some interesting experiences.

Anyhow, congrats on your new dog. :-)

You should re-name her "Millie". Just because.

(And be sure to check Craigslist for any lost dog ads)

-J-

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I completely forgot to call the humane society today. :n00b:

I'm not going to mess with posting my cell phone # all over town, so I'll just give the humane society my number and if someone calls looking for her they can give them my #.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    They're also amongst the least intelligent breeds (so sayeth some "top 10 dumbest dog breeds lists type things).

Really? Or should I rephrase with: Did you really think you would not catch some flack for that statement?

My many years experience with Beagles:

-They want nothing more than to make you happy.
    -They want nothing more than to get your attention.
    -They want nothing more than to get their bowl refilled.

My Beagles have been natural born rabbit hunters - no training required.
    My Beagles have relieved me of any need to remove moles from my back yard.
    My Beagles have relieved me of any need for a home alarm system.
    My Beagles have learned every verbal and hand signal I have tried to teach them.
    My Beagles have lived longer than any other bread I've had (15 years current record).

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    by the sounds of it, you got yourself a new dog. Congrats! I've got a beagle and they,as a breed, have never met a stranger. They are great dogs and keeping your other dogs food higher....no good. when I got mine, my mom cooked her breakfast on morning set her plate on the table and went to the bathroom. when she came back, her bacon, most of her eggs and one piece of toast was already gone with dog on the table chowing down. They are clever when it comes to getting food.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    She's such a sweet dog, but she's getting on my nerves...She follows me around everywhere, but she's scared to go up and down the stairs so she whines for me to get her...When I try to sit down on the couch, she jumps in front of me and sits in my spot. When I go to move her, she's like a stone.:):

I know it's probably a tough question, but judging by the picture would anyone have any idea about how old she is? I could take better pictures if need be.

She does seem to sleep/lounge a lot if that helps, but I think that could be due to stress of a new home and/or stress from my hyperactive GSD(who has actually been pretty gentle around her, but she's still indifferent about him).

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    She's such a sweet dog, but she's getting on my nerves...She follows me around everywhere, but she's scared to go up and down the stairs so she whines for me to get her...When I try to sit down on the couch, she jumps in front of me and sits in my spot. When I go to move her, she's like a stone.:):

I know it's probably a tough question, but judging by the picture would anyone have any idea about how old she is? I could take better pictures if need be.

She does seem to sleep/lounge a lot if that helps, but I think that could be due to stress of a new home and/or stress from my hyperactive GSD(who has actually been pretty gentle around her, but she's still indifferent about him).

You could cut her in half and count the rings.

Top Bottom