• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Im wanting to buy a revolver. All I currently own is 1911's in 45acp. So was thinking about buying a 45acp revolver to keep it simple and only have to buy 1 type of ammo. Any INGO members have any positive experience with a S&W 625? Anyone in the Indianapolis area willing to meet up with me at a range and let me shoot there 625?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    attachment.php

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a Stainless Jerry Micleuk edition. It is a good firearm, very accurate. I am not in love with the brass bead on the front sight, but I can always replace the front sight with the plain one if it gets too annoying. If you are wanting to shoot IDPA with it, having a gunsmith chamfer the cylinder for faster loading is worth the money.

Figure on spending the money for a moon clip loading tool to take some of the effort out of loading the clips.

I have no regrets with the purchase.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Partyboy, there are Smith .45 ACP's out there other than the 625. My favorite carry sixgun is a Model 1950 M&P. And it DOESN'T have a Bill n" Hillary key-lock suicide device in it.

Go to the next 1500 and have a look around.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

So THAT is why they call them "Ruger only" loads! Holly crap! I read some responses from the story and it seems the owner of this pistol is adamant that it was not an over charge but still wow!

I thought about picking one of these up at one time. I still think they are cool revolvers.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a 5" model of 1989 S&W 625. It is an absolutely fantastic handgun. I can't say enough good things about it, and you are welcome to shoot it.

I could meet you at MCF&G on a weekend. Im not a member there though.

Partyboy, there are Smith .45 ACP's out there other than the 625. My favorite carry sixgun is a Model 1950 M&P. And it DOESN'T have a Bill n" Hillary key-lock suicide device in it.

Go to the next 1500 and have a look around.

Model 1950's are nice. But could only find them on gun auction websites. And they wanted $1000+ for nice ones.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    That exploded revolver has been here or another sight before. That's not something you will forget. OP I understand wanting to keep it simple and have everything shoot the same round, but on the other hand, some like the idea, that when you go to buy ammo during a shortage and they only have one or two boxes on the shelf, you are more likely to find something to shoot, if you have different guns that shoot different calibers. A .357 is easy to find, and you can shoot .38 specials out of it too. Just my :twocents:.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a 5" model of 1989 S&W 625. It is an absolutely fantastic handgun. I can't say enough good things about it, and you are welcome to shoot it.

^^THIS^^ My 625 is great as well. The only quirk to them or any revolver is you can not shoot steel case ammo (WOLF etc) through it because the case swells and won't extract without a dowel rod.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Showing my age here but I remember as a kid seeing more than a few 38 special revolvers ending up like this with the top strap and a couple cylinders gone back in the late 70's early 1980's. Usually by carless hand loading.
    Just think how bad it would be if Glock made revolvers LOL!!!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That exploded revolver has been here or another sight before. That's not something you will forget. OP I understand wanting to keep it simple and have everything shoot the same round, but on the other hand, some like the idea, that when you go to buy ammo during a shortage and they only have one or two boxes on the shelf, you are more likely to find something to shoot, if you have different guns that shoot different calibers. A .357 is easy to find, and you can shoot .38 specials out of it too. Just my :twocents:.

Yea I have also thought about buying a S&W 627 so I copuld shoot both .357 and .38sp. Plus I know my wifes hands would enjoy the .38sp better.lol

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So THAT is why they call them "Ruger only" loads! Holly crap!

I guess you've never seen a Ruger blown to hell have you?

Double charges can destroy anything, Smith, Ruger, Freedom Arms, BFR, etc.

I've always liked model 25s and 25-5s, one day, other projects right now. They're good guns, but like anything, subject to human error. Moon clips are a PITA though so auto rim wouldn't be a bad idea.

Top Bottom