• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Budsgunshop has them on sale for $310 shipped, thought about picking one up. I know you hear some bad things about Taurus, but thats the case with any brand it seems online.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have one and carry it often. I have never had any problems with it. I trust it more than my G19. I am a fan of Taurus. My pt709 had extraction issues but were resolved at no cost to me in less than 2 weeks. Great guns.

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Had the 45 version of the gun. I regret having traded it off. I wasnt to crazy about the super long trigger pull on it but you get used to it.

Find someone that owns one and shoot theirs to see if you like it or not before you purchase it.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I have one and carry it often. I have never had any problems with it. I trust it more than my G19. I am a fan of Taurus. My pt709 had extraction issues but were resolved at no cost to me in less than 2 weeks. Great guns.

:yesway: As well....own a pre-ban PT99,and I'd stack it with anything in it's class...balance ,grip,carrywise,shootwise.....eats anything,fast as ya can pull,and never farts or burps,neither....

Most in here think if it don't say kimber,or some some sh*t,then it's junk.....I hope they keep overspend'n their $$$.....helps the economy,ya know.....

:cool:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Budsgunshop has them on sale for $310 shipped, thought about picking one up. I know you hear some bad things about Taurus, but thats the case with any brand it seems online.

:rolleyes: Yeah....gonna hear that sh*t in here.....they won't mention when their 2K custom takes a sh*t, though,haha.....and it happens....believe it....:twocents:

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I can't stand any Taurus Automatics, I think they are all junk.. I don't think like that when it comes to their Revolvers.. I think they are for the most part pretty decent.

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    i owned one for about a month. shot it twice. and sold it. i bought it used for 209.00 at the local gun shop. but like everyone else said its the trigger. very long and heavy. but i did shoot about 300 rds. and no issues. my advice if your looking for a descent 300 dollar gun. try a bersa or ruger p95

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a PT145 Millenium Pro, owned about 8 years, fired several hundred rounds thru it and never had a single problem. Very dependable. I guess I was lucky, because mine is a good one.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I've had my first generation PT-145 for about 10 years with no problems. My biggest complaint with the gun is the long trigger pull although I believe the newer models are much improved with a DA/SA mechanism. I bought mine because it holds 10+1 of 45ACP and it's small enough to conceal. I think they're alot of gun for the money. They're not as refined as some other brands but overall decent in my opinion.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i got a pt92, never had an issue. I've heard about terrible trigger pull, and all i can say in terms of that is different strokes for different folks. i guess it could b a bit better, but its not so bad for plinking. i like the platform personally. but like i said to each his own.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Had a Taurus 24/7 in .45. Flawless gun. Long trigger pull, as some have said, but I had zero issues out of it. Father has a 24/7 in 9mm. Same story. Buddy has the PT92, no problems out of it. I have a Taurus 738, (pocket .380,) and it works just fine, all the time. Also have two Taurus snubbies, and they work great.

Taurus of old had QC issues; a lot of people are still gun-shy because of that. My aunt has a Mil-Pro in .40. She doesn't like it because she has a hard time with the slide, but performance-wise, it has been flawless.

My opinion; its a budget priced compact .40. It may not stack up against a higher priced gun, but for the price, it will be hard to beat. Plus that unlimited warranty is nice.

And for what its worth, I've never had a failure out of a Taurus gun, and I've owned 6 or 7 of them, and probably dealt with 20 or 25. You have the occasional FTE or FTF, but these can be attributed to ammunition. I have yet to have one that is routinely unreliable or has consistent failures. I did have a PT22 that was picky on ammo; but once we found what it liked, it ran just fine.

IMHO, buy it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'd rather throw a rock than shoot a freakin' Taurus.

Worked in a shop a couple of yrs ago, and fixed many new and barely used Taurus (and sent many back).

Buddy's shop sells a bunch of them and even when volume is adjusted, QC is still a major issue with them (autos and revolvers- this across different models from various wholesalers across a 2 yr span that I was there- so it's not like a "bad run" was made- they just suck).

Real simple- want to shoot cheap, don't mind a "Lifetime warranty" that you'll probably use, and maybe more than once- buy a Taurus and save some $.

Want a gun to defend your life? Buy something else.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I had a similar experience with the 709 and 24/7 Pro. They are my EDCs now.

Top Bottom