• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just upgraded to the iPhone 8 from the 6s last week. The only issue I'm having is that some apps which used to remember me don't seem to any longer. I get logged out of forums whenever I switch away from them and my banking app which is supposed to log me in via the fingerprint scanner pops up a window telling me it has detected changes to my device so I have to enter my password instead. Which setting(s) should I be looking at to get this to stop? I'm tired of logging in every time I want to check out a forum and I'd like to take advantage of the apps which utilize the fingerprint scanner for security.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you do an encrypted back up and restore through iTunes all the setting should’ve been retained. If you back up and restore using iCloud or unencrypted iTunes chances are you have to reenter all that stuff again.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Assuming the new device is setup for finger print, you may just have to go into the settings of the individual apps and make sure they are set to have Touch ID enabled. The app may have detected the difference in the device and disabled the Touch ID. Once you are logged into the app you should be able to go into the settings and re-enable Touch ID for each app.

As far as the forums, I'd think that would just be making sure that the remember me button is checked when you log in.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It was backed up and restored through iTunes, everything works aside from this issue.

The main app in question (my banking app) is set for the fingerprint. When I open it, it initially asks for the print then a pop up window appears telling me its detected changes.

I've checked the remember me box on all of the forums and it still dumps me. Frustrating.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    IPhones and this company has been frustrating. It's like a commie phone. You have to do this or buy that or else it won't work. Oh, you can't share files with with other phones using bluetooth either coz Airdrop. Exclusivity.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It was backed up and restored through iTunes, everything works aside from this issue.

The main app in question (my banking app) is set for the fingerprint. When I open it, it initially asks for the print then a pop up window appears telling me its detected changes.

I've checked the remember me box on all of the forums and it still dumps me. Frustrating.

What happens if you uninstall the app and reinstall from the app store?

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Have you went to Accounts & Passwords under Settings? If not, you can add a password after you click on App & Website Passwords, if it is not already stored in there. This should fix both problems, but I am not 100% positive. One other thing you could go to is Touch ID & Passcode and makes sure Touch ID is used for your banking app. It may not even be an option but worth a shot.

Top Bottom