• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    Very true. I still have to fix the front axle then its gonna be getting an ome suspension setup and probably some 30's or 31's. Ive been considering changing to 16" rims on it since there are more tire options now for them over 15's

apfroggy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Franklin
    Anyone know of any good offroading spots in SW Indiana? I live in Franklin IN, just north of Columbus.

Not looking for anything crazy just something I can check out by myself with 33s and a front locker.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Anyone know of any good offroading spots in SW Indiana? I live in Franklin IN, just north of Columbus.

Not looking for anything crazy just something I can check out by myself with 33s and a front locker.

Haspin...just east of shelbyville....join 4 wheel to freedom

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Closest legal wheeling is Haspin (not my favorite place) in Laurel, and then Redbird in Linton. Both The Badlands (Attica) and Interlake (Lynnville) are about 2 hours from you. Badands is likely the best spot for less experienced folks and/or less modified vehicles - they have something for everyone.

And, yeah, never go alone! Grab a buddy, or hook up with another group.

NOTE: Redbird SRA is having a Night Ride on April 6th. Pay one gate fee, and wheel all day/night. Camping available across the street at Redbird Station, at Green-Sullivan Forest, and Shakamak SP. Several clubs are doing trail maintenance that morning, so keep a lookout for workers on the trails.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Closest legal wheeling is Haspin (not my favorite place) in Laurel, and then Redbird in Linton. Both The Badlands (Attica) and Interlake (Lynnville) are about 2 hours from you. Badands is likely the best spot for less experienced folks and/or less modified vehicles - they have something for everyone.

And, yeah, never go alone! Grab a buddy, or hook up with another group.

NOTE: Redbird SRA is having a Night Ride on April 6th. Pay one gate fee, and wheel all day/night. Camping available across the street at Redbird Station, at Green-Sullivan Forest, and Shakamak SP. Several clubs are doing trail maintenance that morning, so keep a lookout for workers on the trails.

I'll be working the trail in the morning in my cherokee

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Added some stickers to my windows today.

20130322_145759_zpsf72c6325.jpg

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Has anyone installed a Novak Shifter Linkage kit before?

Novak Conversions SK2X - Novak Adjustable Transer-Case Shifter Linkage - Quadratec

How difficult is it to do?

I'm getting tired of my Jeep popping out of 4 wheel drive.

i never have, but have heard from several who have that it isnt hard. I tend to live up to being a cheap Jeeper and couldnt find it in myself to pony up for one. Made my own from some all thread, 2 heims from a local race shop, an S10 tcase shift lever (the one on the tcase, faces opposite direction as the jeeps), angle grinder, and my welder.

Pretty much like this, but slightly different: Redesigning the np231 shift linkage | BS Fabrication. I found in my ZJ that I had to extend the lever on the shifter to get it to work right and not bind as much. To extend it, I just used the original lever off the tcase, and welded it onto the shifters lever. Welded a bolt on each lever, the just adjusted the link and tightened it down. Works great. My tcase is also clocked, for what its worth

IMAG0807_zps02846d92.jpg

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    had fun in this little snow storm.. the land rover / jeep / whatever did AWESOME. pushed a girl out of some snow by hand.. then pulled a beamer out of a snowbank.. didnt even tip me.. kinda disrespectful when a tow truck will run you 125.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I haven't, but some friends have. Not that hard at all.

I assume you have adjusted yours already?

I have before. Dunno why it popped out this time.

The weird thing is that it doesn't happen all the time. It did it twice this morning, but didn't do it this evening.

I dunno what's going on.

Top Bottom