• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    The silver XJ on the end in this pic is gonna be up for trade soon for a WJ Grand Cherokee (99-04). Its the wifes daily driver, but we want to get her something a little roomier, and smoother before she starts popping kids out. For now we are just going to try and trade it, if we arent successful by the time we do our taxes, and if we get a decent refund, we will then put a cash price on it. So if anyone is interested, or knows someone who may be, please let me know! Will get more details if interested.

Preferably looking for a 4.0 Laredo, no sunroof, selec-trac. But will definitely consider any WJs

IMAG0628.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Brake line rusted out...the long hard line from master cylinder to the splitter on rear axle...how much should I expect a good brake shop to charge to run a new line?

HoosierMud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Five Jeeps in the family. My wife and I have three: a 98 XJ with 92,000 miles; a 09 KK that my wife drives; and my 03, with 225,000 miles.

My son has two Jeeps: his drive to work vehicle is my old 98 XJ with 377,000 miles (yes, you read it correct) and he has a 12 Jeep Liberty Artic Edition.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Anyone need a 304, auto trans, and dana 300 transfer case? I took it out of my old Jeep about 7 years ago and never did get it back into anything. I also have a fiberglass CJ front fenders, hood, and a steel grille with no rust on it if anyone needs as well. Need to make some room as I no longer have the CJ project. If interested I can come up with some prices but need to make room in the garage (as always).

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Brake line rusted out...the long hard line from master cylinder to the splitter on rear axle...how much should I expect a good brake shop to charge to run a new line?

The shop I work for part time charges $50 or $90 (Been a while since I worked there, still trying to re-remember all the pricing) for any brake line replacement, flat fee. Dont know if other places do it like that though. Is the entire line rusted, or just a section?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The shop I work for part time charges $50 or $90 (Been a while since I worked there, still trying to re-remember all the pricing) for any brake line replacement, flat fee. Dont know if other places do it like that though. Is the entire line rusted, or just a section?

the whole entire line...one spot cracked open. I however with some lines from advance auto parts, and a flair tool from auto zone...I did it!! If I had a beer handy, I'd surely be drinking one as I pat myself on the back. So now I gotta change pads and rotors, previous owners neglected the poor jeep...and according to the title I got from the Kentucky dealership, a Sabrina owned this car last....shame on you Sabrina!!

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    The silver XJ on the end in this pic is gonna be up for trade soon for a WJ Grand Cherokee (99-04). Its the wifes daily driver, but we want to get her something a little roomier, and smoother before she starts popping kids out. For now we are just going to try and trade it, if we arent successful by the time we do our taxes, and if we get a decent refund, we will then put a cash price on it. So if anyone is interested, or knows someone who may be, please let me know! Will get more details if interested.

Preferably looking for a 4.0 Laredo, no sunroof, selec-trac. But will definitely consider any WJs

IMAG0628.jpg

my ol lady has the WJ lareado with the 4.0 she loves it. i feel the 4.0 in that is a bit underpowered but she don't complain.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    my ol lady has the WJ lareado with the 4.0 she loves it. i feel the 4.0 in that is a bit underpowered but she don't complain.

They do feel under-powered, but Im more worried about the reliability and mileage since itll just be a driver. Cant go wrong with a maintained 4.0. They seem to get slightly better mileage than the 4.7. They also seem to have less characteristic issues than the 4.7. Also want to avoid all the fancy options of a Limited, thats where people seem to start having lots of issues (blend doors problems on dual climate control, fried heated seats, sunroofs leaking into passenger a pillar electrical junction, etc)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have an '04 stock Laredo GC. Replaced carrier bearing at 60K. Has 92K on it now.
    Window regulator the only other fix (well did put in a new battery and all new brakes).

I MUCH prefer the ZJ body style, and a V8. My rusty POS '94 on 32's.........even the old lady likes it better.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have an '04 stock Laredo GC. Replaced carrier bearing at 60K. Has 92K on it now.
    Window regulator the only other fix (well did put in a new battery and all new brakes).

I MUCH prefer the ZJ body style, and a V8. My rusty POS '94 on 32's.........even the old lady likes it better.

Sounds like you arent too happy with that WJ.......perhaps you want to trade for an XJ :D

Top Bottom