• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    10801972_10152899006477370_180771087266739999_n.jpg Oh WOW I didn't even realize this thread existed. You guys Jeep? I also Jeep. I've got an 04 WJ. I love it though.

Last edited:

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I was super close to doing a WJ knuckle swap, but I couldn't get the guy to come through with the parts. I ended up doing a ZJ full steering assembly and tie rod set up. Its not a high steer, but its a whole lot beefier than stock. Not much of my Jeep is still going to be from my jeep by the time I'm done, lol

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    In case anyone needs them, I've got a set of 04 Rubicon wheels and tires that I'll be posting for sale soon. Four of the tires have a little more life to them, one of the tires is brand new with the nipples. :):

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Show your Jeep mods! I need inspiration! I have a few things coming for this, so updates to follow....

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys Wheeler W Edition

20150411_145055_zpskoj9bsmp.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20150411_142951_zpsyrcg1sbd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20150411_145111_zpsnvrusowx.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

WILLY'S UPDATE!!!

Did quite a few upgrades with the help of Doc from Springtail Solutions. If you're a gear junkie, this is hands down the way to go!

First up, the JK Rear Door Folding Tray / MOLLE Panel. Nice MOLLE rack, and doubles as a baby changing table! Or grilling platform for tailgating etc....

20150731_150726_zpsd9e3mmg5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20150731_150742_zpscfjxupas.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Next up, JK Unlimited Driver Side Rack and the JK Unlimited Passeneger Side Rack. These are designed to hold some heavy weight items, (and fit Fat 50's PERFECTLY)!....

20150731_150925_zps0ifgcwrh.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20150731_150935_zpsmxzjzsmp.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

And a little extra....

20150527_144730_zpsnyjpghmr.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20150527_145742_zps2bbdybn6.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Sheepdog, that Jeep is fantastic! I thought it was one of the best looking color combos I've seen, but now it is going off the charts with the gear additions. Keep the photos coming as you continue to make mods!

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Sheepdog, that Jeep is fantastic! I thought it was one of the best looking color combos I've seen, but now it is going off the charts with the gear additions. Keep the photos coming as you continue to make mods!

Thank you! After putting its first 4K miles on it, I seriously can't find one bad thing to say about it. I've never said that about any vehicle. Well, I guess one downside is that it's a money suck. :spend:

I also installed a K&N Performance Intake on it. Went from 16.8 MPG to 18.6. And it actually sounds really good if you get on it. Stays quiet if you don't. :)

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Thats looking pretty awesome sheepdog!

One thing you might want to consider though is using a H3R or Halguard extinguisher and not the A,B,C the powder in the ABC will ruin your interior and is very corrosive. If you ever had to use in for an engine fire it would eat at everything and be pretty terrible.

Is the pistol mount just a heavy magnet??

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Thats looking pretty awesome sheepdog!

One thing you might want to consider though is using a H3R or Halguard extinguisher and not the A,B,C the powder in the ABC will ruin your interior and is very corrosive. If you ever had to use in for an engine fire it would eat at everything and be pretty terrible.

Is the pistol mount just a heavy magnet??

Thanks for the advice! Originally, I just went for the general purpose extinguisher. Does H3R / Halguard work as good?

That pistol mount is a heavy magnet....

http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Conc...=1438449195&sr=8-4&keywords=quick+draw+magnet

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the advice! Originally, I just went for the general purpose extinguisher. Does H3R / Halguard work as good?

They work really well, its what my buddy uses in his race car. I actually still have a little ABC in mine too while I look for one, better to have something than nothing.

huh.... +wishlist
    I bet that would work well with my small machete (I use it to clear out the wheels, hubs, and brakes after wheeling in nasty stuff)

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    :wow: Just looked up those extinguishers! :spend:

I guess it's like Mosin ammo. I'll stick with corrosive. :):

lol yeaahh... thats why i still have an ABC as well, cheapest I've seen them go for is like $70 and I can think of plenty of other Jeep things I could put that towards. Just wanted to let you know it stains, is corrosive, and actually contains salt so if you HAVE to use it, use it sparingly.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Thank you! After putting its first 4K miles on it, I seriously can't find one bad thing to say about it. I've never said that about any vehicle. Well, I guess one downside is that it's a money suck. :spend:

I also installed a K&N Performance Intake on it. Went from 16.8 MPG to 18.6. And it actually sounds really good if you get on it. Stays quiet if you don't. :)

I just crossed 95k miles with mine and I've had it since October '07, and I still feel it is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. The old 3.8 engine has been an oil eater since 40k miles, consuming just under a quart every 1k. Something strange is happening right now, though. The last 1350 miles, it has not consumed a drop of oil, and the gas mileage has improved by about 1.5 mpg. This may be the first self-healing vehicle I've ever had! Anyway, it is running good as new, and I couldn't be happier. You are right, though, a Jeep has gravitational pull on a bank account!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm just getting started on a 1987 XJ Wagoneer. It's in decent shape for a 28 year old.

I haven't been a car guy before, so I really have no idea what I am doing, but it sounds fun, so I'm going to give it a try. I have the factory service manual and access to YouTube, and it's not a daily driver, so I hope to have fun along the way.

Top Bottom