• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Picked up some soft doors for the rear so now the set is complete. My kids are loving it riding in the back with the top half of the doors off. We're ready for summer! I'll be swapping the soft top back on soon, too.
    20160416_185614_zps2akflqli.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Well I am finally doing it. I've been slowly saving up for a year, had to sell a few items along the way, but I have the money now.

I just setup an appointment to regear my jeep next week at Sunfire Offroad. Going with 5.13 Yukons. I am excited :)

if you don't mind saying, what do they charge? and does that include everything for the regear? ie you're not supplying anything?

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Well I am finally doing it. I've been slowly saving up for a year, had to sell a few items along the way, but I have the money now.

I just setup an appointment to regear my jeep next week at Sunfire Offroad. Going with 5.13 Yukons. I am excited :)

if you don't mind saying, what do they charge? and does that include everything for the regear? ie you're not supplying anything?

I am also curious. If you did it yourself you might be able to afford that locker you really want.

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy

Good luck with Sunfire...last time I took my Jeep to Scott it got all sorts of messed up. My gearset had something of like .040 .050 backlash when it should have only been .007-.010 max. Ended up breaking my teeth off and needing to get it redone again, by a shop that knew what they were doing. Haven't had a problem since. You could literally grab the ring gear and jiggle it back and forth.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Good luck with Sunfire...last time I took my Jeep to Scott it got all sorts of messed up. My gearset had something of like .040 .050 backlash when it should have only been .007-.010 max. Ended up breaking my teeth off and needing to get it redone again, by a shop that knew what they were doing. Haven't had a problem since. You could literally grab the ring gear and jiggle it back and forth.

What's the name of the other shop you took it to?

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    Get Bent Kustomz in Ft Wayne. He is a good buddy of mine and his partner that does the installs works for Dana. I promise you they will be cheaper than Sunfire. They do JKs all the time and have it down to a science. If you are interested I will gladly give you his number so you can talk to him.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy

This is why I think it is worthwhile to do your own work. You can take your time, do your homework, double check measurements, etc. If you take it to a shop you have no idea what they're going to do.

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    This is why I think it is worthwhile to do your own work. You can take your time, do your homework, double check measurements, etc. If you take it to a shop you have no idea what they're going to do.

Yep...and since Ft Wayne is about 2 hours from Indy I just made it a day trip and spent the day in the shop with them. They taught me along the way, let me do some work as well so I could learn more (and I wanted to help anyways), and drank some celebration beers after the fact. Matt and Seth are great guys...people will randomly show up while you are working and just shoot the **** with you. All my axle work is going back to those guys. They do it all...cages, suspension, axle, engine work, etc...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Ask him about welding an axle that broke in half.

We used to wheel together once a month. Great guy. Tell him Rookie said hi.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom