• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    It is pretty awesome to be a 2 Jeep family. My wife likes driving my JKU whenever she can. I usually drive the JKU to work once or twice a week, the JLU once, and then I've got a couple older, low mileage vehicles that I am trying to spread the miles toward. They aren't as fun to drive as either of those Jeeps. On the weekend, though, it is all Jeep, for me. (Stress relief!)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m still quite fond of my TJ.

Uq6px48.jpg

Navyvet59

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Marion
    Wow thats a familiar site, My son just sold hi 2000, lifted 3.5", CAI, custom exhaust 33's He had another before that but wrecked it so we transferred everything to the 2000. I prefer Wranglers myself, I have had 3 of them and looking to get another.. Love the tops off the only way to go otherwise Id take a Cherokee anyday. Treat the 4.0 good and they last forever.If you want to go 4wheeling I suggest a 3 core radiator with twin electric fans thats one of the 4.0's problem overheating. Stay safe brother..

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    These should arrive tomorrow for the 2009 JKU Sahara. 20 yr warranty was a good selling point for me
    https://www.jeeppeople.com/jeep-wrangler-alien-halo-led-headlights-1997-2018/

Slowly going through all the systems on this recent purchase. Cooling and heating - transmission fluid changed ( 144,000 miles)
    Braking system - checked and good, New plugs and wires, Transmission checked, a few accessories bought - new grill.
    I still need to replace 3 door actuators for the keyless entry to be useful. I need to hunt down a small oil leak though.
    I will attempt to post pic with the new headlights when installed

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Great pictures! Anyone know of good Jeep mechanics in Indy area? I have an 1989 Jeep Wrangler I have owned since new that needs some fuel and engine work. and come to think of it brake pressure too. Guy that I used retired and sold his business in Carmel about 10 years ago. Just stock jeep that I loved to drive have put 1/4 million miles & working on 2nd engine.
    Miss roof off with warm weather maybe on the way. thanks in advance

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Great pictures! Anyone know of good Jeep mechanics in Indy area? I have an 1989 Jeep Wrangler I have owned since new that needs some fuel and engine work. and come to think of it brake pressure too. Guy that I used retired and sold his business in Carmel about 10 years ago. Just stock jeep that I loved to drive have put 1/4 million miles & working on 2nd engine.
    Miss roof off with warm weather maybe on the way. thanks in advance

Martin's Auto out west of Plainfield is pretty good and not expensive. Mr. Martin has had Jeeps and I think currently has a TJ. He's done good work for me from installing my JK lift years ago to work on our old Ford pickup.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I picked up a Magnaflow axle-back exhaust system for the JL from ExtremeTerrain.com. I'll be installing it Saturday. The thing sounds great, stock, so it should sound even better with this exhaust. I think it is about time to ditch the hard top. Today's weather tipped the scales!

I'll post up some video with before/after sound of the exhaust, after I get it on there.

Anybody else doing any spring Jeep mods?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The best addition I ever made to my Jeep was getting a black lab. When she was a pup every time we'd go through town cute girls would mob my Jeep every time we stopped. That pup was the most incredible chick magnet I have ever seen...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I haven't had a chance to record sound from the exhaust, but I did get around to installing a JCR winch plate and Smittybilt XCR9500 Comp winch. This thing is coming together. I've got clearance from the chief to go to Moab in October! Next up will be a 20" light bar on the front bumper, a CB radio, and then a GMRS radio. I'm waiting for good options for antenna mounts. I also added a Barricade recovery kit from ExtremeTerrain.com.
    RdLJ2ND.jpg
    9dHxGXY.jpg
    DbmoFva.jpg

Top Bottom