• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My wife saw this the other day. Looks like we are waiting until NEXT fall to get another vehicle.;) Had hoped they would release as a 2019 this winter, but, darn...

Been casually looking at JLs, now that a few are coming up on the used lots and the new-ness is wearing off of the brand new ones. But, the Gladiator checks a whole lot of boxes for us. Would look pretty slick on a set of 37's, spare in the bed, little rack up top for the canoe, and a little mud on the tires.

Are they making 1/2 doors (with uppers) for the JL yet? I'd prefer doorless, but my better half needs something between her and the world (and other drivers).

I've been paying myself a car payment ever since I sold my TJ, so waiting another year works out better financially. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously thru the good Principal.

No 1/2 doors yet, but Jeep says they are coming. The great thing is all the great aftermarket stuff that should cross polinate with the JT. That's just another thing to check in the advantage box on this thing. Once you get yours, I'll have to live vicariously through you, too. My wife hates the look of the truck, so she'd veto the thought of one, no matter how much I like it. :D

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    My son was asked to help a friend set up a tree stand. I guess the shortcut was through a cornfield on the friend's property. He said " Dad, it was a blast getting there".
    Muddy jeep 2.jpg
    Muddy jeep 3.jpg Muddy jeep.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Put a new mod on the JL yesterday. Bestop Sunrider for Hard Top. This thing is great! easy open and close without getting out of the seat or even unbuckling seat belts! I looked like a dork driving around yesterday with this open, but who cares? I've got one for the JK, too, so I'll be putting it together and on there today or tomorrow.
    lhMoYke.jpg

mOVvx9p.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You will LOVE that soft top. We put one on my wife's JK last spring. Seals up perfect, not really that noisy (it is a Jeep, LOL), and you get the open air in 20 seconds or less. One of the other mom's in the "car line" got one a month after we did. :D All of the advantages of the hard top, but with a Jeep-ish sunroof.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You will LOVE that soft top. We put one on my wife's JK last spring. Seals up perfect, not really that noisy (it is a Jeep, LOL), and you get the open air in 20 seconds or less. One of the other mom's in the "car line" got one a month after we did. :D All of the advantages of the hard top, but with a Jeep-ish sunroof.

I'd be happy if mine didn't leak.

HuntItNow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2018
    My Farm :-)
    I used to own a 99 Cherokee too. Now I have an 08 for hunting and camping. I did some modifications as well and I love it although it took a while to get over the 99 :D

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I used to own a 99 Cherokee too. Now I have an 08 for hunting and camping. I did some modifications as well and I love it although it took a while to get over the 99 :D
    I loved my 98, was my first Jeep and I bought one of the new WJ limited when they came out in 2000. I kept that until this year, was literally nothing left of the frame thanks to all the rust and it was just time to call it quits.

I really miss that Jeep!

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    My 2015 jk steering got a little sloppy after six months with the lift kit on. I replaced the tie rod, drag link and steering stabilizer with the teraflex hd kit. I also went back and retorqued all the nuts and bolts I put on with the lift kit. Ball joints have a little play and I'm having the great debate as which ones to buy. The teraflex one look reasonable, but a set of moog from orileys doesn't sound to bad to me either. I'll be changing them myself so if I can get them local that's a plus. But I'll order a set if they last a very long time.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Well, I finally upgraded the avionics on my old JK. The OEM Uconnect nav system served me well for more than a decade, but the maps were way out of date and the lack of Bluetooth for music was a real pain. I put a new Pioneer head unit in that cost me under 300 bucks on Black Friday. It is really nice and sounds really good. (The factory unit sounded good, but this one is better, for sure.) Anyway, I now have Android Auto which gets it nearly on par with the Uconnect 4.0 system in my JL. It kinda made the old Jeep feel somewhat new again. I also finally received the insulated cover for my fridge. That'll be nice when summer returns.
    1l4hzSL.jpg
    T1RQUeP.jpg
    GgBHwjz.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Top Bottom