• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah about the Moab trip did you do a AAR on that?

Me and the wife are going to do it this year and I would like the inside baseball!

We are gonna do it in the wife’s 2017 JK Rubicon that she bought new in October 2018 because the dealer somehow forgot that they had it?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Yeah about the Moab trip did you do a AAR on that?

Me and the wife are going to do it this year and I would like the inside baseball!

We are gonna do it in the wife’s 2017 JK Rubicon that she bought new in October 2018 because the dealer somehow forgot that they had it?

AAR? Not sure what you mean. It is early and I haven't had coffee yet. Lol!

That Rubi will eat it up! Is it a Recon? When are you going?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Did some running around on the ice and in the snow last night. The good news was that the LED headlights didn't freeze over. The taillights did, though, but it didn't hurt their visibility. We saw a big plow go off the road into a ditch when it hit ice and a big wind gust at the same time. The driver was fine and his engine was running, so he was warm as he waited for help. We came back and saw a huge commercial tow truck pulling it out. We turned to some county roads and spotted a nice coyote. She didn't seem too bothered by us. What a nice thick coat she had! Anyway, the Jeep was a blast and I was VERY impressed with the KO2 tires. They are night and day better than the KOs I used to have on my F150. LOTS of people off the road last night, but I didn't see anyone who was hurt or that didn't have help. Man, I love the snow!
    tJBgljY.jpg
    VD5GzFH.jpg
    UGLjki8.jpg
    QuNCtFt.jpg
    GqdUqTv.jpg
    3xG3AXz.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    AAR = After Action Review

We are going to hit the white rim road on the way to Vegas in July!

Her Jeeps not a Recon but it has just about everything both tops leather seats ect.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    AAR = After Action Review

We are going to hit the white rim road on the way to Vegas in July!

Her Jeeps not a Recon but it has just about everything both tops leather seats ect.

Lol! Got it! I haven't been around INGO much lately except for this thread and 1 or 2 others, so forgive me. I'll dig up some pics and tell a couple stories soon!

My old 08 JK is a Rubi and I still love it as much as the day I bought it. Even with the "Ol Reliable" 3.8, it climbs things like a mountain goat! I'll never get rid of it.

White Rim is on my bucket list, for sure!!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My boy bought his first vehicle yesterday. It is a Jeep, of course, albiet a WJ Grand Cherokee. He found a peach, literally driven by a little old lady. It has a 4.7 V8 with only 103k miles on it. It runs and drives perfectly, and the body/paint are excellent. The only real rust on it is on the gas tank skid. He's got to get all the maintenance up to speed, then work to pay it off. Once that's done, he says he wants to put a 1.5" lift on it and run 31" all terrains. He wants it to be an overlander style set up. We'll have some fun working on it together, for sure. I'll post up as we make progress on it in the coming years. Of course, the side steps are going to go bye bye soon!

axw7ie0.jpg
    wqOggKd.jpg

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Heading to Red River Gorge this weekend with some buddies to do the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway...all this rain should make it a blast :rolleyes: Anyway, has anyone been down and wheeled this area before? I know were starting in Slade and have downloaded the map but I'll take any tips or advice.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Heading to Red River Gorge this weekend with some buddies to do the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway...all this rain should make it a blast :rolleyes: Anyway, has anyone been down and wheeled this area before? I know were starting in Slade and have downloaded the map but I'll take any tips or advice.

I've not wheeled there, but I'd love to see pics and hear about it when you get back!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Anyone have any experience with the adjustable Rancho 9000 shocks?
    No, but I've heard good things about them, except for a couple times I've heard of the dial breaking off. As far as how they perform, I've heard people love them and never heard anyone complain about them. Not sure what that's worth, but back in 2015 I did quite a bit of research when looking for shocks for my JK. I wound up with the 5000x, which has been ok, but I wish I had gone with the 9000. The reason I didn't was because I got the 5000x shocks for free from Rancho in Moab. Next time I get new shocks on that JK, the 9000 will certainly be in play so that I can dial in a softer ride.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    No, but I've heard good things about them, except for a couple times I've heard of the dial breaking off. As far as how they perform, I've heard people love them and never heard anyone complain about them. Not sure what that's worth, but back in 2015 I did quite a bit of research when looking for shocks for my JK. I wound up with the 5000x, which has been ok, but I wish I had gone with the 9000. The reason I didn't was because I got the 5000x shocks for free from Rancho in Moab. Next time I get new shocks on that JK, the 9000 will certainly be in play so that I can dial in a softer ride.

I’ve heard that Rancho has excellent customer service, and has sent free replacement dials. I read where guys have had problems with the shocks rusting, since they’re made of steel. But paint and fluid film seems to be a popular mod for them.

I really like the idea of the Teraflex Falcon series. Especially the 3.3’s. But man they are expensive. Plus you have to drill out the rear bottom mounts.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I’ve heard that Rancho has excellent customer service, and has sent free replacement dials. I read where guys have had problems with the shocks rusting, since they’re made of steel. But paint and fluid film seems to be a popular mod for them.

I really like the idea of the Teraflex Falcon series. Especially the 3.3’s. But man they are expensive. Plus you have to drill out the rear bottom mounts.

Also, I'm not sure Teraflex has as good a warranty as Rancho.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I've not wheeled there, but I'd love to see pics and hear about it when you get back!

For anyone who doesn't know, the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway is a 100 mile loop of onroad/offroad driving that circles the Red River Gorge area around Slade, KY. Its open to the public county roads so you must be street legal to do it. Basically a mix of paved winding roads, gravel side roads, and dirt trails. There are some rock obstacles too (i believe one is Carburetor Hill). You can download a map online or pay for a gps file that they sell for $5 (a buddy did that and wasn't very impressed, but we would've been lost without it).

It was a fun weekend, but the amount of rain they had down there the past week or so definitely made it more of a challenge...we probably covered less than 10 miles of it thanks to the amount of mud and how slick everything was. Everything we came across was rutted out tracks that would have been much easier in drier conditions, but we all had fun and made it out in one piece. We go down there a lot to do some backpacking or camping and usually just hike the trails. The scenery is beautiful no matter where you are...but this was a different side of it that was cool to see too. I didn't get a chance to take too many pictures but Ill throw what i have on here

47194B7F-DEB5-497D-8550-9A97B917B305_zpshkgzt1ld.jpg

9DC14A3E-FB50-4A88-93FF-B0B566173396_zpshm54twgj.jpg

232D59EC-F029-40F8-ACE7-E5968C8BEDED_zpsjzu45xan.jpg

4D34E98B-88E1-4865-A836-F58F1D44E485_zpsibg463bd.jpg

Last edited:

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Great pics! That's now on my list of destinations. Where do you find the map online and where do you buy the GPS download?

The map can be downloaded as a pdf from a few places if you search for it...I can’t really recall exactly where I saw it.

The main gps file can be found here:
    https://www.cartotracks.com/daniel_boone_backcountry_byway
    This is the $5 one my buddy used. Its kind of primitive but at least has the sections color coded. The off-road park in that area is called Hollerwood and I think they are responsible for maintaining that map.

I used an an app called Gaia GPS and found some free files you can download that work ok (google Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway and it’ll pop up). It’s a decent gps that’s more topographical but the files you can find online are other people’s recorded paths. It doesn’t show true landmarks, but the points that the person who recorded the trip show up. For example I found a file from a website meant more for dirt bikes so while the gps showed me a black line to follow, we went other places it didn’t show.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Well, I’m getting pretty darn close to being an official Jeeper! This is technically the third Jeep I’ve owned, the other two being an ‘83 Cherokee and an ‘83 CJ5, but neither of them ever made it past project level to driver...

This one, a 97 TJ has been sitting in my garage for over 4 years but ito really close to getting on the road. I got it from a buddy minus tranny, thpransfer case, skid plate and drive shafts. No luck finding an original tranny so I ‘upgraded’ to an AW4 out of a Cherokee. It’s got a tummy tuck skid plate and I fit a mega short slip yoke eliminator to the T-case to help with rear drive shaft length. It sat in a mostly finished state for over three years but a couple months ago, I bit the bullet and had a high school buddy come get it and he finished up a bunch of the details. He finished up the tranny mounting, shifters for the tranny and T-case, motor mount lift, had driveshafts faded up to proper length, adjustable upper control arms for the rear diff. He rigged up the neutral safety switch so it’ll start and run. He drove it around his place a little and now I’ve taken it for a couple laps around the neighborhood. I’m building a new wiring harness for the AW4’s computer so it’ll shift like it should. I’m also adding in a switch to lock it into 1st gear when I get it out wheeling. I’ve still got some stuff to do but it’s getting very close. Last week I got a new wiper motor installed, the winch installed and wired up, bumper locked down. I’m waiting on a couple plugs to finish the wiring harness and it’ll be ready to test drive some. I’ve got seat covers and a new top to install. It’s got 33-10.50’s on it and I want to get a matching 5th tire for the spare and a new rear bumper with a hitch and recovery points. It’s got less than 92,000 miles on it so I think it’s got lots of life in it! Considering it’s been sitting for 15 years, it fired up and runs great.

Top Bottom