• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just watched the Documentry Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead... thinking about drinking the [STRIKE] kool-ade [/STRIKE] I mean Juice :D

Anyhow, was wondering if anyone else out there juices consistently, what kind of juicer do you have/ Any good recipes? Overall whats your thoughts about the juicing thing in a nutshell?

:patriot:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Don't become one of those wacky vegans!

It's an interesting documentary for sure. Watching both of the guys drop major weight while also coming off all of their medications was inspiring.

A few years ago during Tactical Response's Alumni Training Weekend I gave a lecture entitled "Holistic Defense - 13 things more likely to kill you than homicide". For the year I pulled the statistics from the CDC homicide was the 14th leading cause of death across all age groups.

The things that typically kill people aren't bad guys in dark alleys with sharpened screw drivers. It's heart disease, stroke, cancer..... Most are preventable through making better lifestyle choices.

Again, interesting documentary. Good luck with your juicing quest. Do a 10 day juice fast and start a thread so that we can track your progress and experience.

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Juice will make the jewels into sun dried tomatoes. Oh, you mean that kind of juice. If your already fat, watch what you drink because juicing the wrong way will only make you fatter and raise your blood sugar way up.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    You'll look like this in a couple weeks.....
    Ronnie-Coleman.jpg

Wait, you meant juice, not "JUICE".... my bad!!!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have the Jack LaLanne juicer. I bought it, and went to use it for the first time a year after I got it. Its not working.

So I'm unable to juice. And I'm not buying another one.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I purchased a vitamixer several years ago. I don't juice or make smoothies with it as often as we once did. However, this unit allows you to make hot soups( the pe & potato soup ) i great. the smoothies or just juice is quick & tatses great. They are not cheap, but they are multiple use devices. You can use the dry container to grind up coffee & other grains, make pizza dough.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    ...( the pe & potato soup )...
    please tell me you forgot an "a" and not an "e" at the end of the second word quoted.

ok, back on track. as mentioned above, monitor what you're juicing. you get all the calories (and sugars in fruit) with none of the fiber to fill you up. hope it goes well for you.

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    My wife and I have a really nice Breville Juice Fountain Elite, and it works well. My in-laws have a vita mix, and they love it. You don't lose the fiber with the vita mix, and my in-laws say that it's really easy to clean.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I tried a juicer once. What it produced wasn't so much juice as it was a thick, soup-like concoction. Given the texture and taste, that fad didn't last too long with me. I really wanted it to work.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I tried a juicer once. What it produced wasn't so much juice as it was a thick, soup-like concoction. Given the texture and taste, that fad didn't last too long with me. I really wanted it to work.

But, but, but on TV they say it's delicious! What I always found curious is that they always say that, "the skin is where all the valuable vitamins and nutrients are." If this is truly the case, why aren't we already eating watermelon rinds and orange peels?

Top Bottom