• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I am going to be getting another tattoo soon and I want to make sure I have the translation 100% correct before proceeding. I want it to say "Remember to Love" in Latin. From my research I believe it should be "Memento Amare" Can anyone here help:dunno:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Honestly, you're probably going to get much more fun Latin phrases this way :). My Latin isn't that great, but I don't think memento would be interpreted as the imperative form of the verb. I'd guess it would be interpreted more as "reminder" to love than as the imperative "remember". But that's from applying my better knowledge of some other latinate languages and conjugating verbs to my limited Latin.

But seriously, getting your Latin ink phrase from an Internet gun forum = epic win.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Honestly, you're probably going to get much more fun Latin phrases this way :). My Latin isn't that great, but I don't think memento would be interpreted as the imperative form of the verb. I'd guess it would be interpreted more as "reminder" to love than as the imperative "remember". But that's from applying my better knowledge of some other latinate languages and conjugating verbs to my limited Latin.

But seriously, getting your Latin ink phrase from an Internet gun forum = epic win.

In many latin phrases "memento" is translated as "remenber".

I agree that INGO is maybe not the best place to get help on that matter but because it's a forum mainly about guns doesnt mean some people on here cant have some knowledge of latin.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    In many latin phrases "memento" is translated as "remenber".

I agree that INGO is maybe not the best place to get help on that matter but because it's a forum mainly about guns doesnt mean some people on here cant have some knowledge of latin.

That probably came out as a jab, but it really wasn't. I think it would be EPIC to let US choose his Latin. Much more fun than remember[ing] to love. How do you say "zombie" in Latin?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That probably came out as a jab, but it really wasn't. I think it would be EPIC to let US choose his Latin. Much more fun than remember[ing] to love. How do you say "zombie" in Latin?

The phrase "memento mori" is usually translated as "remenber you will die" or something like that.But im not an expert.

And I agree with you, I wouldnt get a tattoo in a language that I dont truelly master.
    I have seen a guy (american) with a french sentence as a tattoo, with a spelling mistake on EACH word.That was EPIC and made me laugh.

I think "zombie" is Zombus. :D

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I am going to be getting another tattoo soon and I want to make sure I have the translation 100% correct before proceeding. I want it to say "Remember to Love" in Latin. From my research I believe it should be "Memento Amare" Can anyone here help:dunno:

Since you're in Brown County, ping someone in the IU Department of Classical Studies: NAME: Faculty: Department of Classical Studies

Top Bottom