• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    A well known local shop owner is testing the waters for a 400 yd rifle range out on the far west side, but I haven't heard any news of an opening date, rates, etc.

I'm honestly not holding my breath on it - but if anyone can pull it off, it'll be him.

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    A well known local shop owner is testing the waters for a 400 yd rifle range out on the far west side, but I haven't heard any news of an opening date, rates, etc.

I'm honestly not holding my breath on it - but if anyone can pull it off, it'll be him.

400 yards would be sick! The farthest I'm seeing so far (that's closest to Indy) is the Atlanta Conservation Club, 200 yards. edit: And I'm not even sure it's 200 - wheretoshoot.org says both 200 and 50 yards? confusing!

Last edited:

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    A one hour drive from Indy is Hillside Shooting. They have a 1000 yard range. Just saying.

That's almost 2 hours from Southeast Indy. It's a shame too, cuz it has everything I need.

Anyone know of a place for handgun, shotgun, and centerfire rifle that's near Indy? Just handgun and centerfire rifle would do, too.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's almost 2 hours from Southeast Indy. It's a shame too, cuz it has everything I need.

Anyone know of a place for handgun, shotgun, and centerfire rifle that's near Indy? Just handgun and centerfire rifle would do, too.

Just go to Camp Atterbury, it's cheap, and not a bad drive. Especially if you're down on the southeast side of Indy, anyway.

They've got shotgun, handgun, and a 100 yd. rifle range. Only like 6 bucks/hr. I think.

General Information | Atterbury Shooting Complex

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Atterbury is great - but as has been said before. For a lot of us, 100yds is just warming up.

Yeah, I really wish they had a longer range as well. I only mentioned Atterbury for the sake of the other poster who was also interested in a good shotgun/handgun range.

Also keeping an eye on this thread to find some good ranges in the 400-1000 yard area...

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    Just go to Camp Atterbury, it's cheap, and not a bad drive. Especially if you're down on the southeast side of Indy, anyway.

They've got shotgun, handgun, and a 100 yd. rifle range. Only like 6 bucks/hr. I think.

General Information | Atterbury Shooting Complex

Thanks! At fast glance, Atterbury seems great. I must have had the wrong website before, because I couldn't get any information from it. I guess I'm not as SE Indy as I thought, though (I'm brand new to the state), as Atterbury is about 50 minutes away. Sigh.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Atterbury has much longer ranges. Are they not open to the public? I've never made it down there to jump through there hoops to run a range yet

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Thanks. It's amazing how this club, ACC, and one other are all about 45-50 minutes from me. :( Also, I don't like DCC's slow fire rule. I'd want to shoot more than 1 round every 3 seconds sometimes.
    Yea...anyone know if they enforce that rule? Because I'd love to have a place like that to shoot and fish while Im living in Indy but 1 shot every 3 seconds is ridiculous. You would never be able to practice any kind of "self-defense" shooting drills or plenty of other things.
    Any other reasonably priced clubs around the indy area? particularly the west side? That don't have gay rules?

pankake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    SE Indy
    Atterbury is about 1 shot/second. They do not like any rapid fire. Atterbury Shooting Complex

Crosley is 1 hour 10 minutes if ya do the speed limit from I65/County Line Rd. No range officer, no fees, not busy at all during the weeks days, and there is a 200 yard line. Each distance has it's own shelter and bermed between lanes so there you can go downrange when ya want.

Top Bottom