• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I've used the rattle bag and yes I've pulled a few bucks and even does with it. The bucks that always come to look, at least in my experiences, have been small. The rattling thing isn't really something I do much of. I do know some guys that are hard core at the rattling thing. They say they have great success doing it. Maybe I'm just not comfortable doing it since I haven't had as good a luck as others.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I do it when there is nothing moving, after using scents, grunting & some short bleats (10 to 20 min. between each) I'll grab the rattle bag and give a few cracks at it.
    A couple hard hits at first then pause for a few sec. then 3 or 4 lighter then do a few grunts right after.
    I can rattle does in easy bucks are a little harder, I rattled one buck in opening day, he is in my freezer now!

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I do every year starting about the last week of October to first week of November. I have had a lot of luck rattling and never go into the woods with out a set of rattling antlers or at the least a rattle bag. After you have your first buck come charging in at full stride you will be hooked. It doesnt seem natural to be making all that noise but like I said, once you pull your first one in you will be hooked.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    I used mine 2 yrs ago and a non-typical 13 pt came in a running. When you start with it smack it on a tree or fence post to get a loud "crack" and go to town. I did about 3-4 minutes worth and always look downwind. I"ll admit I got lucky on my experience with it though in muzzelloader season after the week break between seasons.

Top Bottom