Any machinists here that could spin me something up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Im looking for way to attach a quad rail to my M11/9 submachingun. I believe I have come up with a way to do it. I just dont have the tools. What I need, is steel cylinder the size of the piece that an ar barrel nut would screw onto. I designated it in this picture. The cylinder would need to be the size of that piece, with a hole in the center threaded to 3/4x10. The outside would not have to be threaded, only the diameter of that part without the threads. Is there any chance someone could hook me up with this. I am more than willing to pay for the materials and labor.

Mods, if this is against the rules or should be moved I apologize. Please close or delete this thread if it is against the rules. Thank you.

DanielDefenseUpperReceiver.jpg

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I was just thinking, I have what I consider a bit of experience in the automotive world where people are constantly fabricating parts for their cars and I rarely see this happen in the gun world. Is this due to a mass of regulations or just a lack of machinist in this field?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I was just thinking, I have what I consider a bit of experience in the automotive world where people are constantly fabricating parts for their cars and I rarely see this happen in the gun world. Is this due to a mass of regulations or just a lack of machinist in this field?

In my case, its a lack of available parts. There were similar uppers made that I am looking for, but only a small number were made. USMachinegun made these uppers, then Lage came out with their slowfire upper. Almost everyone is switching to the Lage, and this caused USMG to stop production on their uppers. I want one, and cant find them, so Im just gonna make exactly what I want. I doubt it has to do with restricitons. As long as you are not making an NFA item, you are free to build what you please, as long as you have no intentions of selling your items. In that case you need a bussiness license of some sort. Hope that helped.:)

Top Bottom