• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My computer wont load the video. So how about a text format.

You can always buy the book "The Question of Freemasonry and the Founding Fathers", I just got it off ebay 3 weeks ago and tells the history from before the founding fathers to the present......Alot has changed. I could't put it down once I started reading.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    I watched a show last night about Masons. It's typical TV B.S. They embellish and put doubts in peoples minds. I even seen shows that said it's a cult and that Masons worship bale. I'm here to tell you, many of the men of my lodge are in Church every Sunday. I know because I see them. I know that God sent his son Jesus to earth and he died for MY sins on Calvary. He alone receives my worship.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    The first rule of The Freemasons is.. You do NOT talk about Freemasons...

There are things about our fraternity that we can't discuss except with another Mason. However, I will gladly answer your questions if I can. If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you. If I can't discuss it, I'll tell you. We are not a secret society. Our lodges are in plain sight for all to see. It is a society with secrets however. Rich in tradition.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    One of my best friends is a Mason, as is his Dad. There is no one I trust or respect more than these two men. I've never had much interest, but I will say I know this has to be a respectable organization for them to be involved.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    One of my best friends is a Mason, as is his Dad. There is no one I trust or respect more than these two men. I've never had much interest, but I will say I know this has to be a respectable organization for them to be involved.

I interviewed a young guy that was petitioning our lodge for admittance. I asked him why he wanted to join and his answer was similar. He said when he was a kid and was riding his bike, the guys at the lodge in the town he lived in would give him change for candy and such. With the change came words of encouragement and life lesson tips.
    Then he said, " I noticed that all the men that were members were good members of our town and someday I wanted to be a part of them "
    The rest of the meeting went the same, He's a good young family man and will make a fine Mason.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    AR Maker,
    The stated meetings at the Mooresville lodge are on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30. Go up to the lodge then and tell them you would like to know more about the fraternity. They will help you. I just spoke with 2 of the members of their lodge.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    there is a difference between being a mason and a "free mason", no?

No. If you look at the sign on a lodge, it usually says F & A M and then a number. Like, oh, say, 171. That stand for free and accepted Masons, and the lodge number. People refer to them as Freemasons or Masons interchangeably. In the middle ages they were the only people other than nobles or clergy who were free to come and go as they pleased.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe I lead a sheltered life... But what exactly is a Mason? There is a lodge 2 blocks from my house, I have seen folks with the plates, but Ive never really known, and everyone I have ever asked says I have to join to know.

Freemasonry (Masonic) is about making good men better. Benjamin Franklin loved the lodge, it was a central part of his life. As it was for John Adams.

Visit a local lodge. Ask questions. If you are so inclined, ask to undergo the process of becoming a Mason. Lots of learning. And a lifetime of growing.

Top Bottom